Newbie to the LDR :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to the LDR :/

So I'm living in the U.S and my bf is in Mexico. I sometimes go almost every year to Mexico and last year I got together with a special someone. When we got together I had to leave 3 days later back to the U.S. Honestly I knew what I was getting myself into and I knew it would be hard. May 30 will be 6 months of this long distance relationship. Btw I'm 18 years old and he's 21. I was promised that I would be back in Mexico in June but recently I have received the worst news ever, that I won't be going until December. This is killing both of us, me and my bf have been waiting for june to come so we can finally see each other and to wait another 6 months just sucks. I need advice on how to stay strong ): I feel so sad and depressed. I really was excited to see him. He gives me signs that he wants to get married but I feel like I'm too young but then again I don't want to be back and forth. We love each other so much but right I just don't know if I can handle another 6 months without seeing him): we talk everyday on an app and I call him a couple times a week. Help meeeee

That sounds hard. What is the reason you can't see him in summer? It sounds like a little early in the relationship to get married, but you can talk about how you can make that happen. Have you tried skype btw?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If you both love each other so much and can't live without each other then you should get marry, you are 18 means pretty mature. I don't say age not matter in marriage but atleast it is not as much as your feeling for each other. Very few guys approach for marriage very soon and if you are bf is one of that then i would say go for it after december but for now you can enjoy LDR by finding benefits being in LDR.

Comment

Originally posted by youngisthan View Post
        If you both love each other so much and can't live without each other then you should get marry, you are 18 means pretty mature. I don't say age not matter in marriage but atleast it is not as much as your feeling for each other. Very few guys approach for marriage very soon and if you are bf is one of that then i would say go for it after december but for now you can enjoy LDR by finding benefits being in LDR.
        This is exactly what you should not be saying to an 18-year-old who has just entered into a relationship with someone from a developing country.

Comment

Originally posted by youngisthan View Post
          I'm sorry for being rude, but this is horrible advice. She's only 18 and was with him for three days, and you think she should marry him?

Um, No, just no.

OP, you don't list where in the US you are, but if you want to see him, you'll either have to wait, or get a job where you can save the money and go yourself. I know it's hard, but this is how it works in an LDR. It's just what we have to do. I hope you feel better and get it worked out. No matter how much you feel you love him...DO NOT GET MARRIED, it's way, way too soon, and you're too young. Good luck!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Advice is just hard over all no don't get married like people said. But is there any way he can go see you ?
            How about Skype ? Talk then so you guys can at least see each other. Is there any way at all you can go alone to Mexico ? Maybe talk to yor family about you visiting on your own ?

Comment

It's hard. We all understand. And I know you feel like you want to marry him because you love him just that much, but don't do it. You're too young and it's too soon. Just take things one day at a time everything will fall into place. And if you have to wait another 6 months, find stuff to occupy your time. Get a job, go to school, volunteer at places. Don't sit and just dwell on how much you miss him and all the negative things. Get a calander and count down the days, it'll make you feel better knowing that every day you mark off you're one day closer to seeing him. Believe me, it'll get better.

Comment

I almost got married a few years ago to be with an LDR. Don't do it! I have changed so much since then. We are two totally different people now, and we are both better for it. Continue dating, do all you can to just date. Browse the website for all the different activities you can do, and stay busy. If you are meant to end up married some day you'll find a way to make it through. There are many valid reasons to get married; you have not listed one.

Comment

It is hard to have a date set and then find out you have to wait months longer. It's okay to be sad about that.

But then after that, remember the positives.. you have a plan to see each other in December! You have someone who you want to be with and who wants to be with you. You can make it through. I'm with the others who advise against not getting married yet, because you should spend more time together and form a more solid relationship where you know you will want to be together through everything, and that includes as much long distance as needed. You can do it. Take it each day at a time. And try and skype, skype is the next best thing to being there. And also try and find a job if possible and save up and either you may be able to see him sooner or may have money to help cover costs when you are together or will have money for the next visit after. Stay strong. You can do this. Take it one day at a time, skype lots, and have some hobbies at least that can keep you busy when you can't talk.

Comment

Working...
                  X