Feeling Strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Strange

The plan was for my SO to be here Sunday to close the distance.Well as things go sometimes, the plan got uprooted a few days. He uses Paypal and money he was paid hasn't cleared his debit card yet so he wont be able to leave till Monday or Tuesday now. I've been all nervous this past week awaiting his arrival, but now I feel kinda Meh about everything. This is a man I've cared about most of my life so I know intellectually, I love him. However, my feelings have taken a dive. I feel unexcited,lacking interest, I don't know just meh. I don't understand why I'm feeling this way....don't feel like being intimate. Almost like I lack interest......It's probably something simple, somehow being bummed out about the change in plans, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had these feelings and what was the cause of it if you know.

You may be feeling nervouse and could be the reason you feel that way.
    Do you still have feelins for him? Will he move with you

Comment

Yes he's moving in with me and he knows I may feel a bit nervous about being intimate right away. I've known him for 38 yrs and we've been waiting for this for over a year.I'm sure I still love him, but I just feel blah right now...It's just a weird feeling, never have been not excited to see him before.....maybe I'm just a bit depressed or something. I've got other things going on in my life right now that have been a bit nerve-wracking lately.

Comment

Maybe since you have been waiting for so long your feelings are shocked now that it will be happening. Your body may be making you apathetic so you won't feel as disappointed if it doesn't work out. I've had that feeling before.

Comment

I agree with nottheprincesspeach. The body can go into slumber mode if it is overwealmed. I sometimes can't feel what I feel, so to speak, but the feelings return again. I think you may be a bit scared, too, especially since the delay is so slight it should not make much of a difference, but with the long wait before it it may feel as it will not happen even if intellectually, you know it is.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Maybe because you've been so nervous for a couple of days, your body is just tired.
            You probaby expect yourself to be jumping around and be super excited. Maybe when you're not feeling the way you thought you would, makes you feel like 'shouldn't I be more excited? Is this what I really want?'
            The last days before something big happens, always take the longest and are the hardest.
            Stay strong

Comment

Thanks to all of you. I believe it probably does have to with being let down with plans changing and being nervous too.Ive cared about this man for 38 years and my feelings are still there Im sure.Add that to him being busy trying to get caught up on stuff so he can leave and being tired because hes having trouble sleeping (probably nevous himself) so that we havent chatted as long these last few days.......its probably a combination of stuff and shock like one poster said. Since hes been held up hes trying to get some stuff done before he tears down the computer, too for clients. I felt some better today...took Mom ouy to lunch for Mothers Day. Happy Mothers Day to all of you who are mothers!

Comment

Hang in there, girlio! It will happen soon and you will be fine.
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I've felt that way before when my boyfriend goes away and I can't see him for a while. At first, I'm like, "YAY can't wait to see himmmm." Then when it gets closer, it's like, "ehhhhhh, I could go without if I needed to." Then when I actually do see him, I'm all like, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS," and I'm super happy and can't believe how much I've missed him.

:]

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                    I've felt that way before when my boyfriend goes away and I can't see him for a while. At first, I'm like, "YAY can't wait to see himmmm." Then when it gets closer, it's like, "ehhhhhh, I could go without if I needed to." Then when I actually do see him, I'm all like, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS," and I'm super happy and can't believe how much I've missed him.

:]
                    This, exactly this. You are not alone in feeling the way you do. I often get like that about seeing my BF, especially a couple of weeks before I leave but it always goes away as I love him very, very much. I'm pretty sure as soon as you see him those feelings will be a thing of the past. Sometimes we experience ups and downs, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X