Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think I Realized That I Am In Love....And It's SCARY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think I Realized That I Am In Love....And It's SCARY!

So there is this guy I met online a year ago, and we aren't actually in a romantic relationship right now, but we met for the first time in real life in March. That was when he bought me flowers and told me that he had never felt such strong feelings for another human being before. I have honestly been so confused about how I feel about him for the whole relationship, but within the last couple months my feelings have just gotten stronger for him, and I even told him I loved him. Not like an "in love" way but I let him know that I loved him so much that I just don't know what I would do if he were to be out of my life suddenly. Even typing this im just thinking WOW this is crazy how I feel about him.

Anyway, yesterday he did something that made me feel like I would actually want to spend the rest of my life with him. Just to give you a little background, he has a lot of traumatic experiences dealing with deaths in his life, so he will randomly tell me sometimes how important I am to him because he just really values the time he has a person, and wants me to know stuff. But he was telling me how much I mean to him, and he was sorta struggling with wording something the way he wanted so he actually hand wrote it down on a piece of paper, took a picture of it, and sent it to me. it said: "(my name), I cannot put into words just how much I love you, but I will forever try to show you instead." I admit he can be kinda cheesy, but I just think it is so sweet and that just really shows his heart. But when I read that, I actually started sobbing. It was the weirdest thing.

I feel like I just realized how in love with this guy I actually am, and honestly its a little scary. Is this normal? It just a lot of intense emotions, and the fact that even though we aren't official or anything, but its just weird that I could see myself being with this guy for the rest of my life. Did anyone else feel this way when they fell in love? This is a first time for me and its kinda weird lol.

When I knew I was in love with my SO, it was a magical feeling. I knew that I didn't want to spend my life with anyone else but him. Over a year later and I still feel that way. The "honeymoon" stage is over for us but our love has grown stronger and deeper. When I have a hard day and I'm missing him, that keeps me going.

Comment

He reminds me of my SO. Your feelings, they remind me of mine. We haven't met yet though, but that doesn't make it any less real.
      I've never truly loved someone before him, so this is a first time for me as well! =) (Yes, it is a little weird I agree lol)
      It's a great feeling though isn't it?

My SO is currently overseas which means no communication basically for a month, and I cannot believe how hard this is for me. Like just last night I had a dream that I was texting him, I have no idea what was said, but when I woke up and realized it was a dream it was kind of a bittersweet moment. I was happy to at least have had it though. A few nights ago I had a dream he texted me to call him, so I did, and I can imagine that smile on his face when he asked me if I missed him. All I thought was, "Well duh!" Just like that the dream was over. It made my day though, to have that, to hear his voice as clear as crystal...It was lovely. =)
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Scary and beautiful, that is love all right
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yep, totally normal. Love IS scary, you're opening yourself up to something that could prove to be incredibly painful, it also makes you no longer totally in control, you have to figure in someone else's feelings in most things you do. You have to trust, you have to have awkward discussions, you have to let someone else in, so yeah, sure it's scary But, it's also wonderful, especially after the fear fades away, the best things in life often start out scary and turn into something great, so it's OK to be a bit scared, just don't be too scared to go for it, and see where it takes you! Good luck.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Moon hit the nail on the head re: embracing the emotions. Don't let fear of the unknown get in the way of your happiness
            In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
            In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
            -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
            X