Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isnt is bad to give him space for awhile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt is bad to give him space for awhile.

I been thinking of giving him space. Would he mind it in negative way or its fine. ?

Like no contact for a week or something .?
    Last edited by msAbby; May 22, 2014, 06:21 AM.

There is no way anyone can answer this without a lot more detail.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with Moon. Why do you want to let him more space ? Does he ask you or is it for you ?
      If my SO let me without news for a week without a good reason, I will not be happy.

Comment

Talk to you SO. If you don't know if he needs space or how he would feel about a week with no contact, why not ask him? Communication is imperative in any relationship, closed distance or long distance. But in a long distance relationship communication is the glue. Talk to him, ask him, communicate, especially before you decide anything.
        First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
        Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
        Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

If no special reason for it, a week is like a lifetime without contact at all. Why should this benifit you? If you want to give him space, or yourself space, the best way to do that is to reduce contact, not cut it all together. Also, what do you want to happen after that time?
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I totally agree with the other posters. Cutting off contact with no reason or warning is not a good idea, because communication is the glue that keeps an LDR together. It's the life-line that keeps it going. Cutting back because of life suddenly getting busy, work hours increasing, cramming for exams in school, etc., is one thing, and that does happen sometimes, but cutting each other off because of disagreements is more like a punishment, and it doesn't work, and is unfair to both of you. It is also manipulative.

One thing I have learned is don't listen to other people. I have been counseled before to just cut mine off and disappear when he is neglecting or ignoring me, but I never have been able to do that. I tried it once, deliberately set an arbitrary time limit of 5 weeks with no contact. We only lasted 11 days, and we were back in touch. I honestly don't see what is accomplished by just cutting off all contact, especially in an LDR. When you love someone, you want to be in contact as much as you can, and it can feel like pure torture if you can't be, for any reason.
            Life itself causes space and time between us, the distance and time differences alone can be a problem, with him being 15 hours ahead of me.

As for you, talk to him and find out what he needs and wants from you. Don't try second-guessing him.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Giving him space isn't necessarily a bad thing. If that means you want to be less cilngy and for example not expect messages back as soon as you sent them, then yes that kind of space is fine.
              Not talking to him for a week is not "giving him time" it's simply ignoring him, which is never a good thing.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Very nice advices everyone thanks alot. I just ask to know what should i do bout it and its clear to me now what to do. I love you all this site help alott.

Comment

I don't understand why space is a bad thing.

Cutting off communication without explanation is cruel and doing a huge disservice to your relationship but understanding that your not conjoined at the hip and can have "things" going on that don't directly involve your SO is always acceptable and usually appreciated by your SO.

Comment

Working...
                  X