he has a new gf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he has a new gf...

My ex broke up with a little over a month ago(we met eachother on a game,etc), and I have to say I was devastately crushed bc I fell so much in love with him, and I still am. I just got news that he recently got a gf a few weeks ago, and it hasn't been that long since we've broken up, although I'm happy for him, it just seems like a little soon for a new relationship..unlike our relationship, his current one isn't long distance. I just wanna try to get over him..I love him and I know he doesnt want me so yea..just trying to forget about him xd

there is a good possibility that he had met this other girl beofre he ended it with you. People will make all kinds of excuses to get out of a relationship
    you need to delete him from any contacts in games and what not so that you arent inclined to check up on him
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that your relationship ended...so did mine, a little over a month ago as well.

subeasley had some good points.

You don't sound like you want to get over him, but being attached will only hurt you more. Sorry to put this bluntly, but you're right in that he doesn't want to be with you (romantically, at least).

Cutting contact is the fastest way to get over somebody. I will say, though, that it's not the easiest. It's perfectly possible to stay friends and be on good terms with one another (I did so with my previous SO. We really don't talk much anymore, but I'm not bitter, and neither is he). IF you stay friends, you just have to make sure that your feelings for him aren't getting in the way of just having a friendship.

Here's a lesson I learned...I thought my previous SO was "the one", which was really dumb because I'm young and naïve and well...you know the rest. I gave myself some time to get over him, spend time with my friends, and learn to appreciate all of the other awesome people in my life, something I had foolishly and selfishly forgotten to do while I was in a relationship.

A few weeks later, I met somebody who is a thousand times better than my previous SO. I wasn't even looking for another relationship, but then I started to develop feelings for this guy. Whether my relationship with this new guy progresses to something or not, I found an awesome friend. This is kind of like relationship 2.0, because I get another chance...I moved waaaaaaay too fast with my previous SO. When I told my aunt about our breakup, she said to use what I had learned in my previous relationship in my future ones. And that's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm taking this time to try to get to know this new guy better. Don't think of your past relationships as a waste of time, one: because you can't possibly make up for that time, and two: because you certainly learned something.

Lesson: there are always people out there. And this new guy proved to me that there are far better people out there. It is possible to love again. Take time for yourself, do something you love to do, appreciate the other people in your life. You're a kickass person, with or without him. Keep an open heart, you will find love someday <3

Hope I helped!

-Lori

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that your relationship ended...so did mine, a little over a month ago as well.

subeasley had some good points.

You don't sound like you want to get over him, but being attached will only hurt you more. Sorry to put this bluntly, but you're right in that he doesn't want to be with you (romantically, at least).

Cutting contact is the fastest way to get over somebody. I will say, though, that it's not the easiest. It's perfectly possible to stay friends and be on good terms with one another (I did so with my previous SO. We really don't talk much anymore, but I'm not bitter, and neither is he). IF you stay friends, you just have to make sure that your feelings for him aren't getting in the way of just having a friendship.

Here's a lesson I learned...I thought my previous SO was "the one", which was really dumb because I'm young and naïve and well...you know the rest. I gave myself some time to get over him, spend time with my friends, and learn to appreciate all of the other awesome people in my life, something I had foolishly and selfishly forgotten to do while I was in a relationship.

A few weeks later, I met somebody who is a thousand times better than my previous SO. I wasn't even looking for another relationship, but then I started to develop feelings for this guy. Whether my relationship with this new guy progresses to something or not, I found an awesome friend. This is kind of like relationship 2.0, because I get another chance...I moved waaaaaaay too fast with my previous SO. When I told my aunt about our breakup, she said to use what I had learned in my previous relationship in my future ones. And that's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm taking this time to try to get to know this new guy better. Don't think of your past relationships as a waste of time, one: because you can't possibly make up for that time, and two: because you certainly learned something.

Lesson: there are always people out there. And this new guy proved to me that there are far better people out there. It is possible to love again. Take time for yourself, do something you love to do, appreciate the other people in your life. You're a kickass person, with or without him. Keep an open heart, you will find love someday <3

Hope I helped!

-Lori
        This helped so much, thank you, much appreciation given c:

Comment

That's not good I'm sorry ! But are you actually happy for him or is it one of those things people say "oh km so happy for you" but inside they are not ?

Comment

Last year I was in a relationship that was on and off. He broke up with me 3 times and each time quickly was with someone else. We tried the being friends things but it would just fill me with false hope of us actually ending up together.

My advice is to cut him off completely. The temptation to check on him will be gone and you can finally move on and be happy yourself. Deleting him off all my lists was definitely hard but I am so grateful cause I was able to move on and fall in love with my current SO. Now I am in the healthiest relationship I've ever been in. Hopefully you'll be able to do the same. Good luck!

Met online: 04.19.14
            Became a couple: 04.23.14
            First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
            Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
            Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
            Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Working...
            X