Back to life without him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to life without him

Just needed someone to talk to, I guess, that understands what it's like each and every time you have to say goodbye and go back to living life without them right there by your side. I keep telling myself that it will get easier, and maybe it does...but it still hurts. It leaves you feeling lost and alone, until you gradually get back into the swing of things. I wouldn't trade any moment I have with him for anything else in the world. I can't wait until next August, when I graduate from college finally, at the age of 28 >.< And get to close the distance with him.

Thanks for reading my rambles <3 Just sad and lost right now.

=( I know exactly how you feel. Give it a few days, you'll eventually get back into the swing of things. It took me a week to completely get over leaving my SO last trip, just do things that make you happy. It'll get better

Comment

My fiancé left last week to it sucks but at least you know next year you close the distance hopfily you 2 can get a few trips in btweeten. Feel better I'm in the same boat right now

Comment

((Hugs))

We can all relate to the roller-coaster of emotions associated with saying goodbye. Good news! You've done it before so you know the feelings will even out so ride the waves girl! Don't hibernate, but force yourself to get on with life.

As each day passes, I look at it as another day closer to being with him. ((hugs))
        Met Online : July 2013
        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
        Proposal : December 2014
        Closed distance : February 2015
        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I know the feeling. I just dropped him off at the airport. When I walked back in the house my son pointed out his flip flops, which he forgot to pack, it made me HAPPY! Weird, right? August will be here before you know it!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts <3 I know it gradually gets easier, it just sucks right now, lol. Next August feels like it's forever away, but I'm trying to take it one visit at a time. It helps to know that I'll be seeing him again in July (not sure on exact date yet) and I just try to look forward to that - little milestones to get us through for now.

Comment

Thank you for posting this...my husband dropped me off last weekend and we've got at least until mid-July, if not early September, until we meet again and though we've been at this game for over three years it seems almost unbearable now that we're nearing the end (CD in December). It's always nice to know that other people have those exact same feelings and that none of us is alone <3
              In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
              In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
              -- Maya Angelou

Comment

I just got back from seeing my SO yesterday.
                And the post visit blues are hitting me really hard. I also feel lost and alone.
                We've been together for over a year and it's harder every time.
                Trying to be strong because that's all I can do.

Comment

I feel like I was so naive in thinking that the more times I went through the separation, the easier it would get. But it doesn't, lol. Because each time you're more invested in the relationship and the feelings just keep growing so each separation gets harder, or at least that's how it feels for me
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Ahh, thank you for posting this!
                    My SO just left on Monday and I haven't been feeling like myself since then.. just lots of sleeping and aimlessly doing things.
                    Hugs all around
                    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                    became official: 28.03.11
                    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I feel you too... I understand the feeling... But the fact is when I saw her getting on with her life. I should be happy. All we want is our love ones to be happy, if indeed without us i their life, they are happier so be it... Just have to wish them all the best... Sometimes we just have to let it go....

Take care...

Comment

Working...
                      X