No announcement yet.

is there any other LDR close to you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, just me, as far as I know. LDR's aren't nearly as common when you get a bit older, but I was never one to be very conventional anyway.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I do not know anyone who lives close by that is in a LDR. Almost all of my friends are married or dating someone in the same city. Also, all of my friends and my family are very much supportive of my relationship, but I still like to come to the forum because I find that I can relate better to people who are in the same situation as me.

Comment

My best friend was in an international LDR, as was I. We're both closed distance now though.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I initially voted no, but now that I think about it, I have a cousin who works in an oil complex deep down south while his wife lives up North, and they only live together every other month.

Also a female cousin whose husband works in the south too.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I don't know anyone who is still LDR, I know a few people who were but have now closed the distance. It still helps to talk to them as they can at least remember what it was like and can help with visas etc.

Comment

A member from this site is from the same city I'm from. In fact we live close to each other. We haven't met yet...I'm not sure why! haha

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                A member from this site is from the same city I'm from. In fact we live close to each other. We haven't met yet...I'm not sure why! haha
                That's a point...if there is anyone else who lives in the North of England who would like to meet up, I'd be up for it!

Comment

One of my best friends was in a LDR, but she closed the distance last summer. One of my university teachers had a long lasting LDR with a young woman from Poland, they are married now and live together. Also now when I´m thinking about it, my brother mentioned a colleague of his who has a girlfriend in Turkey and I believe they are thinking about marriage some time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                    That's so nice ...

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                    That's a point...if there is anyone else who lives in the North of England who would like to meet up, I'd be up for it!
                    Hey, good idea, if someone is from north east of France, I'd be up for it too ...

Comment

Originally posted by François View Post
                      That's so nice ...

Hey, good idea, if someone is from north east of France, I'd be up for it too ...
                      I think you and I are the only active members of the forum who live in France.

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
                        I think you and I are the only active members of the forum who live in France.
                        I think you are right, I didn't see others French peoples here
                        Awwww .... You are from Paris, I plan to bring my SO there next year when she will come to meet my relatives (she want to buy a lt of perfume and clothes).

Comment

I think you are right, I didn't see others French peoples here
                          Awwww .... You are from Paris, I plan to bring my SO there next year when she will come to meet my relatives (she want to buy a lt of perfume and clothes).
                          I'm actually an American living in France, but people think I'm French when I don't open my mouth. Paris is definitely the place to buy both of those things. If only the exchange rate were more in our favor...

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
                            I'm actually an American living in France, ...
                            Damn ... I thought I found a compatriot ...

Comment

Damn ... I thought I found a compatriot ...
                              Well, I could be French as early as 2017.

Comment

I've had a few friends who have been in LDR but that was a few years ago and only one of my friends was in an international one. it's becoming quite a common thing these days.
                                my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                                Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                                Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                                Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                                Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                                Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                                Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                                Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                                All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X