Need some advice on what to do next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice on what to do next

Okay, first things first, as I mentioned in my introduction post, I'm "unofficially" in a LDR, but I want to atleast make this official, that's what happens:

A little more than a year ago I met this girl through internet, we talked a lot for some time and became friends. A few weeks later I started to notice something special on her and, after some time, I decided to tell her my feelings. Not everything went well and not only I got rejected, but she asked some time till we talk again (a few days later she sent me a message that she missed me and we became friends again).

During the next months, not only we became closer friends and exchanged phone numbers, but we also came to a point that we trusted each other so much that we talked about simply everything, from ordinary stuff from our daily lifes to more personal things, like secret crushes and stuff like that. At some point eventually we were supporting each other during break ups and bad days. Even recently, when we were more busy in our studies/jobs and couldn't talk, we managed to leave a message to each other sometimes - most, if not all of these messages contained atleast one compliment or message of care to the other.

And it was like this, until a few days ago. We started to talk about our birthdays, and that would be cool to see each other there - we laughed at the idea, even not being really possible at the moment. And then, about one week later, we were talking about our daily lifes, when she said that I was so nice that I was who deserved her feelings and we ended up agreeing that someday we could end up together.

Since then, I've been confused, whether should I propose her an "official" LDR or if I should wait some time (a few months, atleast, due to job issues) until we get to meet personally. I really want to, specially to show her that she's very significant to me, but I fear that what happened last time happens again... I'm so confused on what to do...

Okay. So I guess I'm with you on the whole "unofficial" thing. However, my SO was the one who said the big "I l__e You." First, so I like to thing we're prettttty unofficially official lol
    I was going to wait until we met for the first time to bring up "defining the relationship." Meanwhile, I'm at ease with being "unofficial."
    Man, that's a lot of air quotes haha
    Anywho... best advice would be, if it's not broke don't fix it. If your happy and she's happy, why care? Get to "defining the relationship" when you first meet, it's easier that way.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Well the good sign is most girls are not going to spend a year getting to know a guy, talk regularly and get personal unless they had some feelings for that person.

And the fact that she agrees that she could see you two as being together is another good sign. But from what you are telling us, she strikes me as the type that needs to meet someone before entering a relationship. So maybe now you should just plan a first meeting and just were that takes you. ^^

Met online: 04.19.14
      Became a couple: 04.23.14
      First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
      Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
      Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
      Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
      CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

My recommendation, is not to plant the "official" status and "L" word on her at the same time. It's overkill. My SO did it to me, and I didn't know what to do so just kinda panicked and sent it back :P Even though a month or so later I loved him anyway I hope he doesn't read that... I've never told him, lol.

In regards to what to do now, I would bring up the possibility of a meeting in the context of getting to know her better and possibly as a way to see if she would be interested in entering a relationship with you. I agree with the above that it may not work out to simply ask about getting involved in a relationship again, but I would definitely try asking to meet her and see how it plays out from there.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
          Man, that's a lot of air quotes haha
          Haha sorry I'm laughing about that "air quotes" thing lol

Okies moving on

Me and my guy are officially unofficial too. Story is pretty similar with him telling me last week that he wanted to "meet and bond properly" before declaring anything official. I am totally on board with being officially unofficial. Here's why.

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
          if it's not broke don't fix it. If your happy and she's happy, why care? Get to "defining the relationship" when you first meet, it's easier that way.
          I am so happy with how things are right now. Yeah, we're not "official" but I am so happy with where we are in the grand scheme of what we've come through that I'm just enjoying the moment and watching it unfold. Neither one of us question the bond we've already forged. We'll cross the next "bonding" bridge when we get there

Yay! I did my own "air quotes" Unconditional
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

My SO and I were "unofficial" for quite some time, and I was so unsure if I wanted to have the "definition" talk with him. One of my guy friends ending up alleviating the situation by drunkenly having the conversation for me (which I'm sure went: "You should *hic* just ask her out already *hic*.)

It sounds like she really likes you, but might be unsure about being so far away. Meeting with her could definitely help, but if that's not possible, then I would say you should inform her of how you feel. It might be very reassuring to her! In the end, she might be more comfortable staying "unofficial" (which is totally OK!), just make sure you both still understand what the other feels, and clarify some basics (like if you want to be exclusive and such. If one is dating and the other isn't, it will really affect the relationship.)
            Every long lost dream led me to where you are
            Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
            Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
            This much I know is true...
            That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Okay, so it seems that we can go on with this "unofficial" thing (oh, the air quotes, Unconditional.... haha) and I also could just let her know that, while we don't meet (which would take atleast a few months, due to job issues), so we could keep the way we are, but now sure about each other...

I'll try it and get this thread updated as soon the right time comes. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                Yay! I did my own "air quotes" Unconditional
                would ya look at that lol
                "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by I_Matt View Post
                  Okay, so it seems that we can go on with this "unofficial" thing (oh, the air quotes, Unconditional.... haha) and I also could just let her know that, while we don't meet (which would take atleast a few months, due to job issues), so we could keep the way we are, but now sure about each other...

I'll try it and get this thread updated as soon the right time comes. Thanks everyone!
                  Cannot wait to hear the update! =)

Comment

Yay! I love seeing happy threads! Good luck, and keep us posted.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

So there we go with the update:

Right after my last message I experimented with making a sort of video message and it seems she liked it alot!
                      We talked a bit about a first meet and it seems we both are really excited for the day this happens and we both agreed that everything is possible (including going "official" too!), meanwhile we keep "unofficial" - but yet, things are going from good to great and from great to amazing...

Btw, any idea of how to explain others when the day comes, that I'm getting a plane to meet her? Like, I have no idea how to explain my parents and friends what happened lol

Comment

Working...
                      X