Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a couple getaway!

Hey y'all,

I'm so happy for the people that have recently had the opportunity of visiting their SO's and closing the distance. It gives me hope that one day I'll see my SO again and we will close the distance. At the same time, it's been 8 months today since I've seen my SO., every month it gets harder but right now we're still trying to work things out. I just wish there was some way my SO and I could go on a trip just the two of us and stay at the bahamas for a couple weeks, so we can reconnect, talk everything out, and just enjoy each others company. This is what we need in our relationship right now.

I agree x100 with you. It's only been 3 weeks since I've seen my SO but I miss him like crazy! I've been trying to plan mini getaways for us for the next time I see him, but it won't be until December probably.
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

It's about 10 days out from 8 months for me as well, it's hard, but it's one of those things that you just have to keep pushing through. Just another day, just another day etc. Our longest separation so far has been about 18 months, it's long and tough, but you have to work through it. If there's things you need to talk about, there's no need to be in the bahamas (or anywhere) to be able to do so, our SO's are there for us, whenever we need them.
      Last edited by BlueCat; June 20, 2014, 03:40 AM.
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I dream about gettaways, too, unfortunately we don't have vacation/off time in the same time much - in Christmas maybe, but I don't have as much as two weeks Christmas vacation. When he switches jobs that might improve. Well, we can still dream... He usually works when I visit him, he also studies. I have work and studies. At least we get to see each other
        Last edited by differentcountries; June 20, 2014, 08:01 AM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Still waiting for the first meeting. I have joked before that I would like to take him away to a deserted island sometime for at least a month, away from friends, family and job. I can dream, can't I?

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
            Still waiting for the first meeting. I have joked before that I would like to take him away to a deserted island sometime for at least a month, away from friends, family and job. I can dream, can't I?
            Ah the first meeting is so exciting! I can't wait until you get to experience it, its quite an amazing, unforgettable time.. My SO and I have talked about going on vacation for a month away from everyone and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
              It's about 10 days out from 8 months for me as well, it's hard, but it's one of those thin that you just have to keep pushing through. Just another day, just another day etc. Our longest separation so far has bee about 18 months, it's long and tough, but you have to work through it. If there's things you need to talk about, there's no need to be in the bahamas (or anywhere) to be able to do so, our SO's are there for us, whenever we need them.
              I didn't mean my SO and I need to be on vacation to talk. We talk all the time, my point is that I want to be face to face with him and go somewhere for a couple weeks where can be away from everything and spend quality time together.

Comment

For me, it is about having more time to explore who we are, really. The way we live now, we get to become good as some things as a couple. Living together part time makes us good at negotiating the practical everyday stuff; who will fix the internet, and the air conditioner, and the washing and the food. We also spend a lot of our limited evening time with his friends. When he had offseason, and I did not study, we had time to do really nice stuff in the daytime; go on a boat trip, look in shops just for fun, eat at nice restaurants, see sights and so on. It may sound superficial, but it was a way to get to know each other through what we did. I never knew he could be so cute feeding fish at the fish restaurant, that is in part what lead us to "keep" the cats. I got to know his introvert side more when on the boat he talked about how much he enjoys just being quiet by the water. There were lots of stuff like that, and I would like to have more of it.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would love a getaway with my SO! Monday will be 3 weeks since I've seen him and I really miss him.
                  I'm not sure when I will see him next. The worst part isn't knowing. We hoped for July but now I think it will probably be August.
                  I treasure every second I have with my SO. Just being with him makes the mundane things of life exciting. <3

Comment

I totally agree that a couples getaway would be amazing. Me and my SO don't have that luxury. Luckily I get lots of vacation and have some stored up. I am able to visit her for a week every other month and can just barely keep this up until we are able to be together forever. She only gets 1 week a year and has a little girl, so getaways are not feasible right now. Reading the stories here definitely makes me feel lucky to be able to see her as often as I do, but the time apart is still extremely difficult. Although I haven't officially proposed yet...need to save up for a ring (and constant airfare costs don't help)...we plan on getting married next year and will finally have our getaway during our honeymoon. Then it would be one more year apart until we will be together.

Comment

I so agree with this! We're going through really tough times and skype is not enough. He keeps a lot of his worries to himself when I'd like us to share everything. I want to know what he does each day and I often feel I need more than he can give me right now. We've had better times but now just before the beginning of the rest of our lives together it's harder than ever. He doesn't have the need to communicate as much as I do. I feel that he has never quite understood what I need. When I tell him he says he is sorry but soon it's the same again. There are so many times when he is feeling down and he is crying on skype and he doesn't want to show it to me, he asks to hang up. That makes me feel terrible because that's when I really want to be with him but he says he is not good company right now. It breaks my heart. I wish I could be there and we could talk it all out and find solutions together. It's soon been a year apart and it's just so hard.

Comment

can you both check Expedia for cheap flights to a common city? They have some great deals on there sometime. Even if you end up in a 'boring' city, you can still hang out, go out to eat, go to a movie etc and enjoy a nice weekend together!

Comment

I would love a getaway, but with how busy my SO is, it's really not feasible. We're already incredibly lucky that he can visit me for three weeks next time instead of just one week like last visit, but it still can't be soon enough. We are both going through rough patches emotionally and mentally, and we could really use the break from everything.

~
                          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                          The hands of the many must join as one
                          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                          X