No announcement yet.

Salvaging a breakup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ex too loved me dearly until then one day she did not. She actually convinced me to have kids but then one day things did not work out for her anymore. It is understandable that you want to see the good in her, but she is both good and bad and you need to get a more balanced view of her. I feel you with the hobbies. I could not stand to hike for years after me and my ex broke up, because we always did that together. I found new hobbies instead, like I started with yoga. Now I am ok hiking again. Hopefully it will work out for you too and you will discover there is a good life beyond her. Wish you the best of luck :-)
    Last edited by differentcountries; July 5, 2014, 06:11 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yes, I've definitely learnt things on being a better person and will look into getting back to old hobbies like learning an instrument. God the days are soooo long now though this holiday has been terrible for me despite family trying to be there for me. I don't know if I'll be ready for my 'gathering' on Saturday.

Comment

I really like it that you are able to write about your feelings on here. I'm sure it will help you also getting it out.
        Maybe in 6 months time or a year you can take a look at this thread and see how you've progressed.
        Take care and hope you remember to eat.

Comment

The great thing about forums is you can write about most anything when you want, and not when you don't want. You can just read people's responses sometimes and lurk. There is nothing wrong about a good rant every once and while, if you so desire to do so.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes, definitely try to look after yourself - Eat and drink enough, go outside for fresh air, try hobbies (doesn't matter if old or new). Now more than ever, taking good care of yourself matters, and you definitely deserve it.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Ummm, just to update everyone here. I actually bumped up the 'date' with the woman to an earlier day and had a great time. Frankly, I know she's way out of my league where it stands right now though but hopefully it can develop into a nice friendship or whatever. Who knows.

No contact from the ex though her sister has been talking to me occasionally mostly about 'joint-financial' stuff we both had an interest in though the matter of she has my crap/I have hers hasn't been approached yet. I know the worst is definitely over so thanks all for the advice/support. Good luck to everyone here in their current relationships no matter the format and I dunno, don't make the same mistakes I did.
              Last edited by throwaway321; July 10, 2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear you are doing better!
                Good luck with everything & take care

Comment

Working...
                X