No announcement yet.

I think I just ended things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. You're all very sweet, and it means a lot to me.

I've been trying to keep myself busy so I'm not anxiously waiting to see if he does something. Knowing him, and remembering how he reacted after our first breakup, I'm going to have to be the one to approach him if I want to finalize anything. He's either going to be too caught up in his career search, or he's gonna think I don't want to talk to him and give me space accordingly.
    It hurts, sure, but I don't want to keep playing this game. I can understand if he's stressed and it changes how he feels, and I can understand that he wants to further his career, but I don't want to have to hold my breath every time something happens in his life that puts him out of his comfort zone. I just really wish he would have told me how he was feeling back when these feelings were first happening.

...actually, that's another thing. If he can't even tell me how he's feeling, and I have to be the one to wrestle that information out of him, then there's a problem. It shouldn't have been my job to make sure he's not hiding things from me.

Overall, this hasn't jaded my views of long distance relationships. I'd still like to hang around the forums, because I'm really happy and excited for everyone whose relationships are working out. And who knows? I might find myself in another ldr (though maybe within my own country).

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling positive about things. It does sound like you made the right choice. It really didn't seem like he was putting you first in anything he was doing. No matter how hard he was trying to find a new job, he should've taken your feelings into consideration if he cared enough. I'm sorry it had to come to this. You'll be alright

Comment

Working...
      X