No announcement yet.

How often do you communicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We talk every night on Facetime. Last week he was visiting his family, so we only talked on the phone and usually just for 10mins or so. Every couple is different, usually shaped by previous experience with communication. SOs of deployed soldiers or those living in remote areas might think once per week is great. Some people might get antsy going a few hours without talking to their SO. I'm quite content with my current set up.

It sounds as though he's genuinely busy and at times, work may be a priority for him; after all, he moved to another country for this job and it's for a finite period of time. I would ask him if there's any way you could talk more frequently - start slowly by chatting twice a week, for example - while being understanding of the challenges he's facing.
    In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
    In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
    -- Maya Angelou

Comment

It depends on the day and what's going on with us - but we usually text each other in the morning and then whenever we have time during the day - but it really depends on the day.

I know this will go down once I head back to school and get caught up in classes, but I know the texting in the morning will probably stay the same. We're figuring this out as we go.

Comment

We try to every day and usually can because of work.

Comment

We talk and message throughout the day, every day. Occasionally, we do video calls on Tango. Overall, the communication has been good and it has helped us stay connected.

Comment

We textchat pretty much every day on and off throughout the day, usually when he takes a break at work and then when he gets home, and most evenings we also do webcam chats on Skype.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
            X