Just a little question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little question...

So I bought my gf some flowers from her local florist at 12pm local time. I requested same day delivery, and because I ordered before the cut-off time (4pm), it says the delivery day is today. The issue is she hasn't received it yet and it's now almost 6:30pm for her they said their business hours are till 7, so do deliveries operate till this time?

This really isn't a question for us. You'd have to call the florist for that. We wouldn't be able to answer.

Comment

I can't call them as it would be international. I've emailed them hours ago without a reply.
      Now it seems I can't log in to their website and my account apparently doesn't exist... but my email specifies I have an account and my order was made with the delivery today, which hasn't happened

Comment

Originally posted by Shauny View Post
        So I bought my gf some flowers from her local florist at 12pm local time. I requested same day delivery, and because I ordered before the cut-off time (4pm), it says the delivery day is today. The issue is she hasn't received it yet and it's now almost 6:30pm for her they said their business hours are till 7, so do deliveries operate till this time?
        While I didn't encounter a situation like this, in my most recent LDR, where the flowers where not delivered. I would suggest definitely complaining to them. Because they are not fulfilling their claims.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I payed by debit. After checking my bank account, no money has been taken thus far, but the email they sent does state an order, my card details and the delivery date.

Comment

That's weird. Well I say try contacting them somehow to let them know and complain if they still haven't delivered them. You can add credit to skype and make cheaper international calls.. or maybe your girlfriend can call them up.. even if you wanted them to be a surprise.. or ask someone she knows about.

I'm kind of worried for you because awhile ago I remember hearing bad things about an online flower company that was delivering poor quality flowers or late flowers. But you said it's a local florist... so.. I'm not sure what went wrong. Maybe they copied down the address wrong and hopefully they will be good about fixing the order when you call them.. or email them.. but try to either call them with skype or something or get your girlfriend to call them or someone else who lives near her that you can ask.

I hope things work out for you and that you can contact the company and/or at least the flowers get delivered.

Comment

Ok thanks. My gf doesn't know what it is, but she's expecting something. She says wait until tomorrow. I'll wait until 5pm local and after that I'll call

Comment

If you paid as an guest instead of creating an account this can happen if they have no contact info for you. Stuff happens with flowers and deliveries.I would not fret til you call company tomorrow, also is it possible they delivered to wrong address.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                  I'm kind of worried for you because awhile ago I remember hearing bad things about an online flower company that was delivering poor quality flowers or late flowers. But you said it's a local florist... so.. I'm not sure what went wrong. Maybe they copied down the address wrong and hopefully they will be good about fixing the order when you call them.. or email them.. but try to either call them with skype or something or get your girlfriend to call them or someone else who lives near her that you can ask.

I hope things work out for you and that you can contact the company and/or at least the flowers get delivered.
                  Did they have initials for their name? Because mine used a company with initials and my flowers were horrible. Luckily they replaced them, but they still looked nothing like the photos online.

Comment

You could buy some Skype credit, and call them that way, it's considerably cheaper. Are you both in countries with a common language? If not, calling may be difficult, but you definitely should call, if you paid for same day delivery, that's what you should get. Good luck.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDean View Post
                      Did they have initials for their name? Because mine used a company with initials and my flowers were horrible. Luckily they replaced them, but they still looked nothing like the photos online.

If you are referring to FTD, there's nothing in the forum rules preventing you from saying FTD, though the OP did say he called her local forest.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                        If you are referring to FTD, there's nothing in the forum rules preventing you from saying FTD, though the OP did say he called her local forest.
                        I can only imagine how this conversation went...

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                          I can only imagine how this conversation went...
                          CRAP!! It went like a box of chocolates, you insufferable brat, hahahahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                            CRAP!! It went like a box of chocolates, you insufferable brat, hahahahaha!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Omg, I'm dying at you two Moon and lyonsgirl. Hahahaha.

As for the OP, I can't offer any more advice than what everyone else has already provided. I hope you can get through to them! Keep checking your bank account to see if they took money out. If they don't take any money out, it probably means that the transaction was denied or didn't go through. Sometimes certain credit/debit companies don't allow international purchases. You'd have to call them first to authorize it. Also, it could be the shop themselves that won't take the international money.

Comment

Working...
                              X