This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook issues

I'm probably reading too much into this, but it's a HUGE concern of mine. Last night (other times too) my boyfriend told me he was tired (we were texting) yet I saw him join Facebook. He is on Facebook often (sometimes late at night after he claims he's tired) and I know Facebook has been wrong before because it said a few times he was on when his phone is locked up at work (company policy), but how often can it be wrong when it isn't locked up? The reason it is a concern to me is he rarely ever posts anything. So what is he going on there on a regular basis for? I've asked him and he claims it's to see stuff his friends have posted, etc...he's not using Facebook has a hook up place. He's lied to me before (small lies including breaking promises). Should I let this issue with Facebook go or what? I'm scared like hell because I've had my trust broken one too many times. Maybe his stuff just doesn't come up on my newsfeed. Idk. I'm worried and scared.

If it were me with my SO, I would just ask him. "Hey, I noticed it said you were on fb last night, but you were supposed to be going to bed. What happened?" This doesn't prevent him from lying, of course, but ideally he shouldn't be lying to you in the first place. :P
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
      If it were me with my SO, I would just ask him. "Hey, I noticed it said you were on fb last night, but you were supposed to be going to bed. What happened?" This doesn't prevent him from lying, of course, but ideally he shouldn't be lying to you in the first place. :P
      I have asked before and he said he wasn't on FB. However, FB chat said he was Mobile. He only has a cellphone, not a laptop or any other type of computer.

Comment

I always check Facebook right before I go to bed, and after I've told people I'm going to bed via text. Although, usually when I tell my SO I'm going to bed, I usually really am headed right to bed.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Maybe...yeah.

Comment

Try not to worry about it. I log in on Facebook a few times a day and only post very rarely. I just browse around for a few minutes. Don't even know why I do it sometimes. Things like Facebook and WhatsApp can be problematic, because you can read so much into every action.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDean View Post
              I have asked before and he said he wasn't on FB. However, FB chat said he was Mobile. He only has a cellphone, not a laptop or any other type of computer.
              Mobile chat doesn't ever log you out. You're technically on mobile all the time since your phone is getting its notifications, and sometimes it lingers long after you've closed the app. The chances of it being "wrong" after he goes to bed are the same as the chances of it being wrong while he's at work. Heck, my SO can't even use fb chat on his phone and it sometimes says he's on mobile.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Yep, the fact that he has facebook and doesn't post much definitely means he is up to no good.

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't go by anything Facebook says about users being online. It's wrong more often than it's right. It probably has something to do with cookies and how often you actually *sign out* vs. just closing a browser, etc. But it almost universally says I'm on FB and I'm not. There have been times that friends have been messaging me on FB, ending with "how come you aren't answering??" etc. and I get it 6 hours later when I go on, and I'm like yeah, sorry, I wasn't on. But it said I was.

I also have a friend who signs in from her phone only, and it always has the little phone icon that she's on or just was on, including when I know she isn't. (Like, because she's at my house and we're looking up something on FB together, or whatnot.)

Also, there are LOTS of reasons to be on FB without posting stuff. I'm on it not-posting probably more than I am posting. I read my wall, I play Candy Crush, I click on articles people have linked that go outside of FB, etc.

Comment

Mobile chat doesn't ever log you out. You're technically on mobile all the time since your phone is getting its notifications, and sometimes it lingers long after you've closed the app. The chances of it being "wrong" after he goes to bed are the same as the chances of it being wrong while he's at work. Heck, my SO can't even use fb chat on his phone and it sometimes says he's on mobile.
                    Really? I didn't know that. I never use FB mobile with my phone, but he only has a phone for computer related purposes. Wow I feel so much better already. Thank you so very much. I feel tons relieved now.

Comment

Originally posted by silvermoonfairy3 View Post
                      Honestly, I wouldn't go by anything Facebook says about users being online. It's wrong more often than it's right. It probably has something to do with cookies and how often you actually *sign out* vs. just closing a browser, etc. But it almost universally says I'm on FB and I'm not. There have been times that friends have been messaging me on FB, ending with "how come you aren't answering??" etc. and I get it 6 hours later when I go on, and I'm like yeah, sorry, I wasn't on. But it said I was.

I also have a friend who signs in from her phone only, and it always has the little phone icon that she's on or just was on, including when I know she isn't. (Like, because she's at my house and we're looking up something on FB together, or whatnot.)

Also, there are LOTS of reasons to be on FB without posting stuff. I'm on it not-posting probably more than I am posting. I read my wall, I play Candy Crush, I click on articles people have linked that go outside of FB, etc.
                      That makes sense and I do it sometimes too. After what I read from you and kitty09, I feel much better. I never truly knew FB kept you logged in. I don't use it on my phone.

Comment

Don't let it stress you out too much, chances are he's not up to anything, perhaps it's just an error with FB. However I would say you should bring it up to him, just be honest and let him know you've been worried, and that due to your trust being broken in the past a lot of those emotions are coming back. I'm sure he will explain everything

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDean View Post
                          I'm probably reading too much into this, but it's a HUGE concern of mine. Last night (other times too) my boyfriend told me he was tired (we were texting) yet I saw him join Facebook. He is on Facebook often (sometimes late at night after he claims he's tired) and I know Facebook has been wrong before because it said a few times he was on when his phone is locked up at work (company policy), but how often can it be wrong when it isn't locked up? The reason it is a concern to me is he rarely ever posts anything. So what is he going on there on a regular basis for? I've asked him and he claims it's to see stuff his friends have posted, etc...he's not using Facebook has a hook up place. He's lied to me before (small lies including breaking promises). Should I let this issue with Facebook go or what? I'm scared like hell because I've had my trust broken one too many times. Maybe his stuff just doesn't come up on my newsfeed. Idk. I'm worried and scared.
                          Your relationship is new and you've had your trust broken before so you're still settling down into this. However I think you need to work on why you have this huge issue trusting him otherwise I worry what else is going to come up for you.

Comment

I was coming to say pretty much this exactly.
                            I'm always "on" FB mobile too because I set it up like that with my phone. It's probably the same thing for him. Don't worry about it too much, it's not worth it.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                            Married April 18th, 2015!!
                            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                              I was coming to say pretty much this exactly.
                              I'm always "on" FB mobile too because I set it up like that with my phone. It's probably the same thing for him. Don't worry about it too much, it's not worth it.
                              Yeah.........I didn't know that. Lol. Now I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X