Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you just really need a hug

Has anyone else experienced this:
    Going through a very stressful personal situation not related to my LDR. Family stuff that's upsetting that I won't go into. I find when I'm dealing with stressful things, situations where I need support or a good hug and cuddling, those moments are when being long distance are the hardest. Sure, he can try with words to comfort me, but it's not the same.

When my life at work or with friends and family is going fine, then our LDR is something I can handle, but when I'm going through something stressful or depressing, it makes being long distance so much harder and that's when I miss him the most.

What do you do when you're going through rough times non-LDR related and your SO can't be there to hug you and make you feel better?

I hug my dog or a stuffed animal. Cry. Listen to music. Read. Just recently I bought his cologne. I got it yesterday and sprayed it over a dark green bear I bought that I dedicated in his honor. His fave color is green and his nick is Bear.

Comment

I find that words about physical contact, and also looking each other into the eyes, can replace hugs and kisses to an extent. There was a time he felt so alone, I did not visit often, he tried to study, was sick etc. And every night I told him almost bed time stories about how I would cook for him, care for him and touch him, he said it was very soothing for him. I have sometimes missed him deeply and then to look into his eyes over Skype has given me great comfort.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm sorry you're going through difficult times! When I've had difficult issues come up and his encouraging words don't cut it (since he can only do so much from where he is), I hug tight to my teddy bear that "wears" my SO's shirt and have a long cry. It's actually helped a lot, just being able to hold onto something that smells like him and pretend for a moment it really is him. Other than that, it sometimes helps me imagine running away, so I'll "plan" a trip to see him without actually booking anything. Not sure if that the best for everyone but pretending to have a trip helps me hold on until I'll be able to see him again and gives me a bit of a break from the current issues so that I have enough clarity to handle them later.
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I really know what you mean!
          Crying it out, stroking and hugging the cat....
          Talking to him about it helps also a bit.

Comment

When I really need a hug from my SO and for him to just hold me I do one of two things:

If he ii's available to talk, I tell him how I feel about him, how I hate the distance, and how much I wish I was there. It takes my mind off what's bothering me and we all about our relationship, the strengths and weaknesses, ect. I will also write poetry and share it with him. Talking to him takes my mind off things, but when I write a poem and share it with him, I'm still getting my feelings about the situation out.

And if he isn't available, I imagine myself curled up in his lap, my face hiding in his chest as he strokes my head and tells me it will be ok.

Comment

I'm having these feelings right now, and have been for a while.
              It helps me to write in my journal all of my feelings, I also like to read, and reread all of those sweet messages he's ever sent me. Sometimes I just like to cry though, just to get it out of my system.
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

This was me the other day and i pretty much curled curled up on the couch with my cat and cried for a bit. at least crying makes you feel a little bit better but i definitely understand what you mean about just craving and needing a hug.
                my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Good post. Yes I totally agree. The hardest thing so far for me relating to your question. Was the death of My mum. That Day I just wanted Sonny here more then Ever. Sure I had support from my family and best friends . If it had'nt been for his emails that week I never would have got through it. My mum knew what Sonny means to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X