how do I let her go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I let her go

Recently my gf broke up with me for another guy saying he makes her happy, at first I fought to get her back but I truely love her and understood it was time to stop being selfish and told her to go be with the other guy, she cried saying she didnt want to lose me but I insisted I couldnt be friends with her because I would still want her, its been few days now and I havent contacted her but everytime I pick up phone I feel compelled to text her, how can a person let go properly of a one true love???

It takes time. Don't rush to let go, you will end up bottling away emotions and that is never good. Just be patient, take it one day at a time. Anytime you think about texting her, try to distract yourself. And if you have anything dealing with her in your house, I would box it up. But other than that, time is the only thing that will help. And one day you may wake up and realize you don't think about her as much, and it doesn't hurt to hear her name, and that you are finally letting go.

Comment

Time...that's really about it. Everyday that you get through will be a little better, though it can take a while. Eventually the pain mostly goes away. Good luck.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

In a way, we never let go of the ones we loved. But their place in our hearts may shift. Of course you want her back. Later you may find that other uppertunities present themselves, and hobbies and friends and even another love interest may be at the focus of your attention. It is a slow shift in your attention. For me, pro and con lists works, and allowing yourself to grieve a bit.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X