Crap. Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap. Again?

So, my first visit with B sucked. He had pretty much decided before I even stepped off the plane that he wasn't interested in anything with me anymore. I got there Thursday morning, we hung out until about 8pm that night, and then till about 5pm on Friday. On Saturday morning we pretty much decided to go our separate ways for the rest of my trip, Saturday and Sunday. 3 months of daily contact, saying lots of sweet things, telling me how great things would be when I got there and how he was patiently waiting for me because he knew he'd found a good one...and then after Saturday morning, I got one more text (an answer to my text to him), and then nothing more at all since I got home on Monday 6 days ago. No, hope you got home safely and your plane didn't crash, nothing. This LDR turned into worst case scenario, just like my last one did. I swore I was done with them.

I made a new profile on okCupid, thinking that I'd just see what was out there locally, for casual dating. I still want to move to Florida, but several things (not the thing with B ending) have thrown a big wrench into my plans (can't rent my house out due to some obscure clause in my mortgage, my company is losing the 2 offices we have down there, so transferring just became almost impossible). I'm starting to wonder if I'm just not meant to live down there, and the universe is putting every obstacle in my way to tell me that.

So, in amongst all the crap emails on okCupid, I got one from a SUPER adorable guy that said,"Too bad we don't live closer, you seem like an amazing girl!"

His name is David. He lives 3.5 hours away from me. In a city that he can't leave (he has an 11year old son), a city that is not one I'd ever had on my radar in my life. I.E., nowhere close to Florida or Texas or the warm places I want to move.

Anyway, he was so cute and his profile seemed so sweet that I couldn't just not reply. We've been talking and texting for 5 days now, and have a date scheduled for a week from now. He's driving here to meet me.

I guess I'm trying to be open to the idea that true love could be anywhere, and I shouldn't shut down the opportunity to find it if it comes to find me. I've had really bad luck in love, and it's rare that decent guys reach out to me online. So I'm giving it a shot, and seeing what could happen.

And it doesn't hurt that 6 months ago, I went to a psychic fair and had three readings...and 2 of them said that my match was a guy named David, and that they didn't see me moving to Florida! I haven't crossed paths with a David in the dating arena in over 15 years until now!
    Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale!

I'm sorry your visit with B didn't work out. But it sounds like it was for the best.

Good luck on your date though! But I think maybe you should take your time and try not to rush into anything. Take the relationship (if it truly becomes one) slow.

Comment

Uhm not my business, but kind of seems like David is a rebound???

Comment

I wouldn't consider him a rebound, because I never really considered B a relationship. I loved getting to know him and was very hopeful that it was going to work out, but I never fully invested myself in it because I knew it could end in the worst case scenario. We never did anything physical except for 2 hugs. And also, because of how he changed so drastically and was kind of an ass on the visit, I wasn't really that heartbroken about the end.

Time to move on, I'm ready for someone to really love!
        Last edited by TampaLove; July 20, 2014, 11:07 AM.
        Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale!

Comment

Best of luck with the new guy, but I agree with LATA. Take things slow

Comment

You're already considering his location in terms of a place that you'd want to move or not? Assuming he's your destined lover from a psychic reading? Slow down, girlfriend.

I'm sorry things didn't work out with B and I think that it's worth giving yourself time alone to regroup mentally and emotionally. Not saying that you shouldn't go on this date, but maybe don't go in thinking so far ahead to the future. You are capable of standing on your own two feet and living without a guy in your life; don't rush into the next one.
            In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
            In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
            -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Did you go on the date?

Comment

Funny, this is the first day I've logged back in, and I see a new response!

Yes, we've been together for almost 2 months now. We've had 5 "dates", ranging from 6 hours to 4 days, lol We just took a 4 day road trip last week. I'm going to make a new post here in a little bit, so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by TampaLove View Post
                  Funny, this is the first day I've logged back in, and I see a new response!

Yes, we've been together for almost 2 months now. We've had 5 "dates", ranging from 6 hours to 4 days, lol We just took a 4 day road trip last week. I'm going to make a new post here in a little bit, so stay tuned!
                  Glad it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                  X