Kind of goofy (Google Translate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of goofy (Google Translate)

So this is a little silly, but sweet (sometimes funny when Google messes up). But, sometimes me and my SO want to say stuff to each other and we get a little nervous or shy, so we write what we want in English and then translate it to another language using Google Translate. Then we take it and paste it to each other in Skype and the other uses GT to translate it back to English. Make sure you translate it yourself a few times (you may have to play around especially with German) and then send it. It still messes up sometimes. Like he sent "Laughing my butt off" and it came back to me as "Laughing out of my butt." And I was like uhhhhhhhh what? But good fun and it's so much easier to send it in another language because I just feel less nervous.

I can see how this could be fun for certain things, but you're going to have to learn to communicate properly. Nothing worse than an LDR with poor communication - don't let it get to that!
    In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
    In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
    -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh no.....we communicate fine. It's not that we use it all the time. Mostly it's when we really want to be sentimental

Comment

Google translate is not a proper translation tool that can translate expressions. It is not meant to do what you ask it to.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
          Google translate is not a proper translation tool that can translate expressions. It is not meant to do what you ask it to.
          Actually, it does fine. Thank you.

Comment

That is such a funny idea! My twin does that sometimes with song lyrics and then she sends them to her boyfriend :P They get a good laugh out of it

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I can see how you could have fun with google translate! :P My SO and I have used it in the past because we both want to learn German and he knows more words than me, and sometimes we'll just play with it. Also maybe more with Welsh because he can speak Welsh, we can see how accurate it is.. a lot of times it is not accurate.. or maybe it might be saying it in another way that people CAN say it but not the way he does or whatever. but it's fun as I have learned some Welsh from him and in some online Welsh lessons, to google translate and see what makes sense.. also just practice putting welsh words together and getting the spelling right and seeing how they turn out in english :P

As long as you don't do your serious conversations with google translate, it can be fun, and even helpful to learn a language.. for all it's faults, it is also a pretty good and interesting tool!

Comment

In the beginning of our relationship, I used Google Translate for somewhat serious discussions but that was more because I was learning his language still (he speaks only Spanish) and needed the assistance. It does make loads of mistakes but it's fun to utilize. Last summer when we were together regularly we'd write silly phrases into GT and show each other (we were side by side so we could see what the other was typing). It can be a fun little game.
                When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Working...
                X