X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best of luck to you both.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
      I would never kick you lol it's fine, he lives a little south of Clearwater
      Ahhh, yeah he's 2 hours from where I'm at. I'm close to Orlando.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I didn't meet my SO until we'd been together for about 2 years. I think I felt kind of like you at some point-- that we were "behind", we were missing out on things we should have done already, we hadn't had the opportunity to kiss/hug/experience one another yet. But every relationship is different and it's too hard to try to compare your own to someone else's when everyone lives with different circumstances.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Like someone mentioned, maybe you can split the costs of a visit? It will cut down your time saving significantly if you can work towards it together. I paid half my SOs airfare for his first flight to see me.

Comment

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You're on the younger side of things, so issues like money, parents, college, etc all factor into visits and when you can meet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
              Like someone mentioned, maybe you can split the costs of a visit? It will cut down your time saving significantly if you can work towards it together. I paid half my SOs airfare for his first flight to see me.
              I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't have any experience with that kind of thing... how does one pay for half of the ticket? Like did you send them money then they bought it or did they send you money and you bought it? Or like a money transfer kind of thing? Just not really experienced with money stuff yet. Again, sorry if that's a dumb question

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
                Ahhh, yeah he's 2 hours from where I'm at. I'm close to Orlando.
                Yeah once I saw the Winter Park for your location I knew where it was thanks to his constant geography lessons about Florida I know more about Florida than I do about Pennsylvania now

Comment

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't have any experience with that kind of thing... how does one pay for half of the ticket? Like did you send them money then they bought it or did they send you money and you bought it? Or like a money transfer kind of thing? Just not really experienced with money stuff yet. Again, sorry if that's a dumb question
                  Well he actually had enough money to pay for the fare, I just gave him my half when he got here. I imagine you could use pay pal, normal bank transfer or a money transfer. You both live in the US so I'm sure you can just transfer money into his bank account which is really simply to do - you just need his details.
                  Last edited by Zapookie; July 22, 2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

When I pay for stuff, I used a money transffering company (I have done so twice). You can also make a transfer into their account. Or just give money when you see each other (if they can like use a credit card to pay for the whole ticket price).
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Western Union or Money Gram at Walmart if either of you has one near you. You could do what Zapookie did and have him pay it and then you pay him back your part when you get there or you can have him send his part of it and you can load it onto something. Just be aware that if you chose to go Greyhound then they don't have an option to pay by paypal or by way of bank account info. You have to have cash and go to the counter (which can make your ticket go up in price), reserve the ticket online and pay it in cash at a 7-11 or any of the participating stores if there are any in your area (the site will tell you) and then go and pay in cash in person or pay by debit or credit card on the website (which makes for cheaper tickets). For that purpose (before I had a bank card and needed a card I did this) you can go online and get a prepaid debit card if you don't get a bank card or account,don't have one existing already or get a check card from your new job. Walmart's prepaid debit card worked for me and you can get theirs online or in the store and just load it at the cash register. You can use the temporary one you get at the register or online, just use your name in place of the 'valued customer' thing when you go to link it or use it to pay online. If you're going to fly (this is only Southwest to my knowledge. I haven't flown any other airlines so you'd have to see if you use another one.) then you can use paypal. For that if your SO has a paypal he can transfer you his part of the ticket from his bank account or card linked to his own paypal (if that make sense) over to your paypal and pay for it. If you need a card for that (which I'm sure you might) then you can again just get a prepaid debit card and link it to paypal and put it on there. I hope all of this isn't to confusing. If you have questions feel free to ask.
                      Last edited by LadyDaemon; July 22, 2014, 12:29 PM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                      Back Together: August 1,2012
                      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                      Engaged: January 17,2013
                      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

As they said, money transfers are easiest.

But I know some couples agree that one buys the plane ticket and the other covers all other costs such as food, hotel if they get one, dates, and shopping (as long as it's not excessive). So that's an option as well.

When going on a trip like that it's best to always have more money than you need just because there are other expensive a and of course money to do other things.

Comment

We use paypal when needed. It is pretty fast and had cheapest fees for us.
                          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Awesome thank you guys so much! I always learn something new on here, you guys are the best!

Comment

Working...
                            X