Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend is sick...how can I support him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend is sick...how can I support him?

Hey guys,

so, yea my boyfriend got sick. Nothing too serious but I feel bad because I can't take care of him, though we can skype and I can comfort him this way but this is just not the same.
    Do you have any ideas on how I can support him? It makes me sad to see him like that

Thanks in advance

I love writing, its just something I am passionate about. So last time my boyfriend was sick, he wanted a bed time story. It took his mind off of how crappy he felt. Maybe you could do something similar?

Comment

a bed time story sounds like a good idea. Thing is, actually I am a very creative person, but when I comes to writing, not so much. Especially in another language. That makes it even more difficult. But I guess I should give it a try.

Comment

Singing, (I can't sing lol), is also a good idea. I think anything that will take his mind off how he feels. Playing games might work

When my bf is sick I always remind him to drink lots of fluids and try to figure out why he is sick so I can try to help him any way I know how

Comment

I just tell him stories of how I would take care of him if I was there. I sort of pretend I am his mum... "I would make you tea, and put blankets around you, and stroke your hair... " stuff like that.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

When my SO is ill I find it best to leave him alone. There's nothing I can realistically do from a distance (a care package would take forever to reach him) and of course he needs his rest so I don't demand that he texts me back or email me like he usually does. I do however check up on him regularly. A quick phone call here and there when I know he isn't sleeping, to let him know he's on my mind. I know it's deeply appreciated.
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I normally leave my boyfriend alone when he is ill, depending on how bad it is. If it's just a cold then I'll make more of an effort to talk to him everyday to keep his mind off it (we can't afford to talk to each other every day, it's not that I'm just the worst girlfriend in the world!). However when he came down with malaria earlier this year, I left him alone. There was nothing I could 'do' that would actually make him feel better, and I ran the risk of waking him from much needed rest if I called him once I got home from work. This suited him fine, as he told me he didn't really feel like talking while he was that ill anyway.

Why don't you just ask him if there is anything you can do to make him feel better? People are different, some people like to feel doted on, and there are others who would rather be left alone to do their own thing without feeling pestered.

Comment

Working...
              X