Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The days leading up to the distance

17 days away.

That's right. Today is August 1st and on the 18th he packs up and leaves with his family to move him in for college.
    The 17th is our last full day together at home. Why is the 17th on my mind? Not only is that day going to be rough and emotional, but its our 10 month anniversary.

I've never been in this situation before. He's my first boyfriend but I want us to last and we've both agreed to make it work while he's away. the only thing thats positive is the hope that I will join him next year for school. Sure, ill have to get in state and transfer and find an apartment and yes, its stressing me out!

But at least we love each other and care about each other to make it work. We may be apart but its not the end.

I worry that he'll get drunk at a party and I can't help him get to his dorm safely. Or that another girl will catch his eye. Its natural right? I mean i trust him completely but the fact that I won't be close is indeed scary. College is full of temptations and social scenes. Its the perfect time to be single, but we talk about marriage and having kids. I just hope that it works. I pray every night that he can wait for me to come to Mizzou with him.

It's completely normal to feel the way you feel. We all do. As my SO and I have discussed and agreed, if either of us feels the need to chest, neither of us can control the other, and we won't want the relationship anymore. But we are both secure in our feelings and there is no jealousy at all. But yes, you ARE normal. And you WILL get through this....money day at a time.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
    X