No reply yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reply yet.

I live somewhere in Asia and my boyfriend lives in the States. This Tuesday was our 10 month anniversary so I thought I'd send him a love letter celebrating it by saying I miss him and love him and listing all the things that I wanna do with him when we meet up. The last time I sent him a long love letter was at our 6 month anniversary. And well he did read my letter(I'm 100% sure about that) but hasn't replied anything yet. I asked him "what's going on?" yesterday and still nothing. He hasn't been like this before except one time when he didn't text me for three days because he was out partying with his friends. But this time I don't know whether he's not texting me because he's partyinf or my letter kinda scared(?) him but I didn't say anything that might have scared him. What should I do? It's really getting on my nerves but I'm stuck. Should I text him and if so what should I say? Or should I just wait till he texts back?
    By the way he is kinda busy but he always finds the time to text me after work and never passes a day without texting me so I don't think him being busy with work is the reason why he hasn't texted me

Hmm... I woild probably text him tomorrow if there is still no answer and just sum up your fears about not getting a reply.
    He probably IS busy, but there's a difference between being busy at work and being busy partying. Besides, a little heads up to you would be nice before he goes and drops off the radar like that, it's only fair to you.
    How long ago had you sent the letter? I understand that it takes quite a while for letters to be recieved, after all, it has to go through customs and everything.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Oh when I meant letter I mean through our chatting room and I sent it this Tuesday. We didn't tell both of our parents about our ldr yet so the only way is to send my letter to him is by using our chatting room

Comment

Are you sure he's logged on to get it?

Comment

Yes I am whenever he reads my message the number "1" right next to my message disappears and it did so

Comment

Hmm. Well......I'd still wait before texting.

Comment

Hmm, well I wouldn't worry, perhaps he is out partying or something has come up. You know your SO better than we do, do you think that he would be scared about that letter? You said he has nothing to be scared of, so, I highly doubt that's it. Most likely he's busy.
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

So do you think I should wait until he texts back? And if he still doesn't should I text him?

Comment

Originally posted by skgirl View Post
                  So do you think I should wait until he texts back? And if he still doesn't should I text him?
                  I think you should wait. Perhaps two days, if he doesn't reply within that, I say you're certainly free to text him again.

Comment

Just in case he doesn't reply for 2 other days what do you think is best for me to say? Should I tell him how worried or upset I am?

Comment

I agree 100%

I'd like to add, he may not know what to say to it. Sometimes guys aren't good at expressing emotions. He may be waiting to reply until he has figured out exactly what he wants to say.

Comment

Originally posted by skgirl View Post
                        Just in case he doesn't reply for 2 other days what do you think is best for me to say? Should I tell him how worried or upset I am?
                        Probably how worried you are.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingAcrossTheAtlantic View Post
                          I agree 100%

I'd like to add, he may not know what to say to it. Sometimes guys aren't good at expressing emotions. He may be waiting to reply until he has figured out exactly what he wants to say.
                          I think this is a good thing to keep in mind. He might be waiting until he feels he can respond well.. maybe think of something to do in return? But he's probably busy, so give it time. Also try not to worry or get upset until after you talk to him, because he could have a very legitimate reasoning. You just never know until you ask, so I think best to keep it light "hey did you read my letter yet, just wondering" you could mention something about being a bit scared you rambled on or something, if you are nervous about what he'd say.. just keep it light and friendly, he might have read it and then had to get off the computer.

Maybe you can even talk to him about whether it would have been possible for him to write a short message saying he's going to be busy but will write back soon.. you could even think of one or two words to make it easier if something causes him not to respond for a bit. If he doesn't respond back for a few days, then that's really worrying.. do you know if there's a chance his internet got cut out? I know before my boyfriend and I were official, there were times when his internet credit would run out and I couldn't talk to him for days. Now I have his number and some skype credit so if that happens I can call him, or text him, and get a skype package if it's going to be a few days he's without internet and as long as I can afford it (or he might be able to and send me the money back).

Just try to relax until you talk to him.. and when you are talking to him, try to be understanding.

Comment

just saying if my SO was ignoring me cuz he was out partying i would leave him... thats just not right like you can party but cant say a simple hey ...

anyway i would text back and be like "hey getting worried text me pleaase"

Comment

I texted him yesterday saying that it's been three days(4days for now) since I've heard anything from and maybe he got flabbergasted by my sudden letter but whatever the reason is hope he could text back asap. And well a day passed and still nothing. I'm not sure if he read it or not though. I also sent another today saying is everything alright? I miss you..
                              What should I do if his absence continues for a week? Should I still wait for him?

Comment

Working...
                              X