Cold feet before buying tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold feet before buying tickets?

It's only been slightly over a week since my relationship became an LDR, but I'm planning to visit him in December-early Jan. It's very exciting, but a little scary. I have no idea why. I love him, and he loves me, and our communication so far has been the best I've ever had. Has anyone ever felt this before, too? It's some 6000-mile journey. Am I scared of committing myself four months into the future? Things have been really good so far, though. Ah I hope I'm not rambling too much.

Originally posted by thehappyhope View Post
    It's only been slightly over a week since my relationship became an LDR, but I'm planning to visit him in December-early Jan. It's very exciting, but a little scary. I have no idea why. I love him, and he loves me, and our communication so far has been the best I've ever had. Has anyone ever felt this before, too? It's some 6000-mile journey. Am I scared of committing myself four months into the future? Things have been really good so far, though. Ah I hope I'm not rambling too much.
    It might be worth it to you to spend the extra for a flexible fare.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you're unsure, I agree with Hollandia to look into the flexible fare. When my SO and I went LD, I promised to return in 3-4 months. It was difficult, learning to be apart, but we made it through because we knew in a few "short" months we'd be together again. Focusing on the visit really helped. It was a bit scary, and while I determined I loved him, I wondered if the love and commitment was enough to make a functional relationship last through the distance. I decided, and still know, that whatever happens in the relationship, it has and will be a good experience. Look into the flexible fare but book the ticket, a visit will be a wonderful motive.
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Of course it's a scary situation, but additionally to the good posts before me, remember that it's something you are doing together. Being in this relationship and making it work doesn't lie on your shoulders alone - It's something you are both committed to, and something you both decided together. The weight isn't all on you

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
        X