HELP! THIS IS URGENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! THIS IS URGENT!

My SO is transferring to my college and he is here TODAY for orientation with his parents, and he just asked me if I wanted to come and give them a tour right now! Im so nervous because I honestl wasn't expecting this at all because he said he wouldn't have me meet them this visit because he knows I have anxiety and it just might be too much since this will only be the second time seeing him in person. Im so nervous! I don't want to tell him no because his parents might think I don't want to meet them, but also im like shaking from how nervous I am! Do you have any tips on how to meet the parents and not make things awkward or be super nervous? I can pull myself together for them and act cool but that is where it stops. Im afraid I will be a total awkward mess and I always stumble all over my words when I am nervous. HELP!

You may tell them that it was unexpected but nice and you will try to give them a tour even though you have not prepared for it. Notice something about them that you like and focus on that. Smile. Make sure you touch or make eye contact with SO from time to time. If you want, you can tell them you are a bit nervous, they will probably understand.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Differentcountries' post says a lot of good things already. Usually people will be understanding, especially if you make a visible effort to be friendly and helpful. Try not to worry too much, though I know that's easier said than done. You can do this!

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Don't overthink it and take deep breath, or you'll drive yourself crazy! hehe Be yourself and have fun. I'm sure it'll be just fine!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
        X