Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting The Parents And Closing The Distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting The Parents And Closing The Distance!

So ive been posting threads for a few weeks talking about how nervous I was to be closing the distance and to also be meeting my SOs parents, and now I would just like to have a follow up post, just to add a little good news to the forums. My SO decided to transfer to my school a few months ago and he got here today for orientation. I was totally surprised though when he asked me to come meet him and his parents and show them around campus. I get really bad anxiety so I felt like I was going to throw up at the thought of doing that. I had only seen my SO in person once before back in march so I was also nervous about seeing him too, but I was so afraid to meet his parents.

I seriously almost backed out when he called me saying where to meet them, but everything just turned out perfectly! I asked him if I could somehow just see him first by ourselves to make things a little less overwhelming. And when I saw him, my nerves instantly calmed and he walked me over to where his parents were and we said some awkward hellos and then things really picked up and got a lot better. His mother is FABULOUS at keeping a conversation going and his parents seemed so happy to meet me! So I gave them a tour of the campus and then my SO suggested we all go out to dinner and it was just great. We were there for like 2 hours just having a great conversation and after the night was over, my SO texted me about how his parents wont stop talking about how great I am and what a fun time they had.

I was also nervous about if the connection for my SO would still be there outside of texting and it totally was! The chemistry was all there and he just looked so cute when he first saw me and he told me how pretty my eyes were. I feel like our relationship is brand new again and the best part is that he isn't leaving me this time! We will have AT LEAST 2 whole years together and I am just so excited for that!

Anyway, none of you know me, but I always love hearing about long distance or online relationships making it after the distance has been closed so I thought some of you might like reading this.

I'm really glad things went so well, and you didn't back out. That was brave. Best of luck with closing the distance!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

So glad the day went by great and you hit it off with his parents!
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you! I don't need to know you closely to safely say that you deserve it

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

That's awesome! I'm glad it went well and that they liked you.

Comment

Working...
          X