Should I worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I worry?

So I've been a LDR for 5 months now and we're doing well, but I haven't heard his voice or seen his face (FaceTime) in 4 months... I ask him when can we FaceTime or talk on the phone, but he says that something is wrong with his contract that he has or something, which I really don't understand. We talk everyday, by text and send pictures here and their, but we don't talk on the phone etc.
    I just say ok and be very patient cause i am a patient person. I'm just curious if he just doesn't want to at all...

I think this is very weird. He should be able to discuss with you the reasons and work together with you to find solutions. If his internet at home /work /studies doesn't allow him for some reason, there are usually other options like internet cafes.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hm, that does seem a bit odd. Is it the contract with his phone or his home internet provider? Or, could it be that he does not have a smartphone (I see you're both in the US so texting and picture messages can be done without)? I might ask when he thinks a video chat would be possible or if he's able to use the internet at his local/community library, if he has a smartphone, as most US public libraries have free WiFi.
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

No he has a smartphone because I usually send him things on iMessage, he has an iPhone. I just don't really know how to confront him about it.

Comment

Yeah he should.

Comment

May I ask if you've met in real life before, or have had a video call before?

This sounds rather dodgy indeed.

Comment

This sends up a red flag..
              I mean, granted I don't have wifi at home yet, but I can go to a friend's house and use theirs. (There are not any internet cafes around here, and I wouldn't really want strangers listening to my conversation, but that's just me.)
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

That is a bit odd.. it would be helpful for you to know exactly what issue it is.. like the other said, he should try and get to a place that has free wifi, maybe a friend's house... another thing could be for you to to call him, you could get some skype credit on your phone or computer and call his phone.. although you don't get to see his face but it would clear up the voice problem for the moment, I've done that whenever my boyfriend's internet or computer is not working properly or he can't skype normally. If it's some temporary issue with his cell phone or internet provider then he should be able to say a date that it should be back by? Or if you could talk about plans for him to get internet/phone credit? I wish you luck

Comment

I just asked my SO, who has an iPhone, about iMessage (he uses it a lot to text his family), and it requires internet. I think you need to talk about this with him and ask what prevents you from using FaceTime. Remember to not ask in an accusatory way, but don't settle with half answers either. Especially if you two haven't met in real life it's a question of safety.
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

We haven't met in real life, but we have Facetimed twice but that's about it.

Comment

Ok thanks I really appreciate it!

Comment

Yea, I agree with everyone else, this does sound very odd and does raise some red flags. Like someone said, iMessage requires WiFi to be used. I don't have an iPhone, but I have an iTouch and I need to the internet to be able to use that app. If he can iMessage, he should be able to FaceTime.

Comment

I have an iPhone and I've used iMessage before on Data (but I try not to because I want to not use up my whole data package, but it is possible). But it they can be sent via WiFi (iMessages that is). Well you can use iMessage on data as long as you have an iPhone, if he's sending messages from an iTouch, you do need WiFi.

But I agree, the fact that he keeps on bringing up excuses as to why y'all can't video chat raises red flags to me. I do hope that y'all can talk it through and figure things out! :]

Comment

Originally posted by nemolove_22 View Post
                            I have an iPhone and I've used iMessage before on Data (but I try not to because I want to not use up my whole data package, but it is possible). But it they can be sent via WiFi (iMessages that is). Well you can use iMessage on data as long as you have an iPhone, if he's sending messages from an iTouch, you do need WiFi.

But I agree, the fact that he keeps on bringing up excuses as to why y'all can't video chat raises red flags to me. I do hope that y'all can talk it through and figure things out! :]
                            Yea, I still don't understand why he won't video chat or anything with her. Whether he has data or not, it's just strange. Four months? I don't know...

Comment

I didn't get a call or skype until around the fourth month of knowing each other, that's just me though I suppose.
                              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
                              X