A very complicated love story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very complicated love story

Hey everyone, so after reading everyones stories I felt like I had to share my own. I met my SO in the craziest way ever. We met in a chatroom and I can honestly say I’m shocked I found someone like her on there. She’s a 3rd yr med student, gorgeous, funny and witty. We have so many things in common yet really we’re so different. We’re both women and she has a strong religious background. She knows she can’t commit to being with a woman forever, no matter how amazing we make each other feel. We’ve tried meeting up but things always come up.
    We talk everyday and I love her loads. We’ve tried moving past this, distancing ourselves, talking to others but we can’t stop thinking about each other. I’m a lawyer she’s on the way to becoming a Dr. We both come from fairly wealthy families, we’ve had privileged upbringings, between us we’ve travelled to 70 countries, she just feels like my other half.
    We have finally decided to meet up, I’m in London UK she’s in MI. I fly over in 3 weeks.
    We talk, skype, text often. Although skype has been limited the past 2 months and so has her ability to call. But even with all of that we go strong. Our conversations aren’t lovey dovey but of course can be occasionally. I feel like she challenges me, motivates me, supports me and accepts me for me. I love her like crazy and I know she does too. I can’t wait to be with her, I spend 4 nights/ 5 days with her and I am soo excited!
    This meting could help us move on, it could bring us together, it could make her change her mind, who knows. But 1 thing I do know is, it’ll give me some answers. Are we truly that perfect for each other? Is she as amazing as I think? Do we work that well?
    This sounds sad, but I’ve often said I want to meet her if only once, because if I need to get over her, because she forces my hand, then at least I want to know what exactly it is that I’m getting over.
    Saying that though we’re planning on meeting with an open mind and just seeing what the days bring. She told me she has a feeling we’re gonna fall even more, but who knows. Crazy. I know 

The only crazy thing about it is not being able to commit if you love each other.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yeah, I gotta ask too, is there any specific reason you don't want to commit yet? You don't just easily "get over" someone if there is no good reason to and you are being loved back. Are you waiting for the visit before you potentially go official?

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

The only problem being is, she hasn’t actually ever dated a girl. She’s always known she likes women, I’m 27, she’s 26 and about 5 years ago she went through an almost breakdown because she realised she liked women but her own beliefs are whats stopping her. Strangely, her family wouldn’t even be against it as much as she would be. So that’s why we’re not official, plus the practicality of the situation. The distance. She’s told me things would be different if I was closer but where I’m so far its easier to not focus on it.
        That’s what this meetings about. To just get a better understanding of it all. For both of us. I’ve been speaking to her since May 2013.

Comment

Sounds reasonable enough to me, welcome to LFAD and I hope your meeting goes well
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you : )
            I can’ begin to tell you how nervous I am about the meeting. All the usual – will she like me? Will the chemistry be there? Will there be awkwardness? First kiss? I know I’ll be just fine as long as I’m calm. Buttt I could be nervous? She makes me nervous!

Comment

Originally posted by S41r4 View Post
              The only problem being is, she hasn’t actually ever dated a girl. She’s always known she likes women, I’m 27, she’s 26 and about 5 years ago she went through an almost breakdown because she realised she liked women but her own beliefs are whats stopping her. Strangely, her family wouldn’t even be against it as much as she would be. So that’s why we’re not official, plus the practicality of the situation. The distance. She’s told me things would be different if I was closer but where I’m so far its easier to not focus on it.
              That’s what this meetings about. To just get a better understanding of it all. For both of us. I’ve been speaking to her since May 2013.
              Sometimes admitting it or coming out to ourselves is much harder then coming out to other people. I know it was for me. I always knew I was attracted to women but I never said to myself "hey Michelle, I think I'm gay". I just couldn't. My SO and I had countless talks about it and my stuggles. Once I did though and I finally accepted it, it felt amazing. Meeting my SO in person definitely helped immensly. So maybe it'll be the same for your SO when she sees you. I hope so!

Good luck and welcome to LFAD!
              Send me a message if you ever want to chat!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

That’s what I’m hoping for, thank you. For me mostly I want to just spend some time with her in person. Get a clearer picture on everything. I would love to message you, if I knew how? Haha

Comment

I would love to message you, if I knew how? Haha
                  hehe Click on my "name" and it should open a little menu and then "Private Message".

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Thank you : )
                    I can’ begin to tell you how nervous I am about the meeting. All the usual – will she like me? Will the chemistry be there? Will there be awkwardness? First kiss? I know I’ll be just fine as long as I’m calm. Buttt I could be nervous? She makes me nervous!
                    LOL, every one of us who didn't meet in the conventional way knows this feeling! You're definitely not alone in that I've been on this site a long time, and I can tell you that the majority of first meetings written about here turn out great, so enjoy the anticipation, and remember that you only get to meet for the first time once!
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                      LOL, every one of us who didn't meet in the conventional way knows this feeling! You're definitely not alone in that I've been on this site a long time, and I can tell you that the majority of first meetings written about here turn out great, so enjoy the anticipation, and remember that you only get to meet for the first time once!

lol i have no idea why reading that made me blush! thanks guys!
                      yeah its 3 weeks away, I'm gonna start freaking out in 2 : )

Comment

Absolutely understandable to be nervous! But I agree, I really doubt there is anything you need to worry about I wish you all the best, for sure!

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                          Absolutely understandable to be nervous! But I agree, I really doubt there is anything you need to worry about I wish you all the best, for sure!
                          Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                          X