Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when life gets in the way... (slight rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when life gets in the way... (slight rant)

things have been getting a little harder in the communication department. and now he just started school again, so its going to get even harder. we're both in school, and both have jobs now. when this relationship first started, he was just in school and i did nothing all day. things were easy. now,it seems like most everyday the most we get to say to each other is "goodnight". and im hoping we get to keep that now that his school has started....

ive always gotten myself through the hard parts by knowing its temporary. but, i always knew how temporary... i know things wont always be this way, but i dont know when itll end. and thats making it a bit harder to just push through it.

any advice to get through this day to day? and pleeaasse, dont say keep busy. im very busy already. lol

Well, just try to stay positive he won't be in school forever. Also, maybe making a day omce a week or ever other week to set aside.for a "date day" just to skype or talk on the phone? That might help a bit.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I agree 100% with the above.

Also, have you two tried leaving each other messages, just to let the other know you are thinking about them. It can help each other stay positive and only takes a few seconds. It has always helped me to feel better about things when things get hard.

I also keep a journal where I write down things I want to change and come up with ideas of how to change them. It helped me find a way for me and my bf to talk more when things got harder for us. So maybe you could try something like that.

And I would express it with your SO and see if there is something that yall can work out

Comment

Definitely put some previously agreed on time aside together. It doesn't need to be incredily long, but a specific time gives you something to look forward to, especially if you can combine it with an activity you both like doing together, like watching something or playing a game.

Also, you should absolutely ask him for his feelings on the matter, and ideas he has for you two.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

My boyfriend has been really busy for months now. It is hard. Some days we have been skyping for less than 10 minutes, some days not at all. What has helped me, was: sending each other random messages that we can reply to later. I mean, it is not the best time to get to know each other, but still it is possable to say you care about oneanother. Some days all we could say to each other was "I miss you"... no details, no nothing, but just knowing we meant it means a lot. It also helps to have visits - even if we don't have the best talks I get to talk to him. He has slept in my lap like a child from being so tired. Then we had had dinner and all the rest. Now that we have longer between visits, it is also good to have some longer Skype nights. I find when I get negative like that, I try to remember what an amazing man he is and that is why I am doing this.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X