Oh my goodness.....I must be crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my goodness.....I must be crazy!

So, we have decided to plan TWO weddings. One in the mountains in Georgia, and the following weekend, one on the Beach in NY. First off, because I love both of those locations. And secondly, so our friends in both states can attend and nobody has to travel! This should be fun! And stressful. I only know a few things so far:

It will be simple

In the mountains the first bridal party will wear black....whatever dress they like, as long as it is black. Men will wear suits, and we will get married in a chapel.

In NY the second bridal party will wear white, any dress, and the men will wear shorts, and we will get married at the beach.

Receptions will be simple but elegant. In NY I am considering a winery. In the mountains we may rent a huge log home and everyone can stay...that will be BBQ and bonfire.

My SO sings and has made some CDS. in NY I will walk down the aisle to him singing "the One". In Ga I will walk down the aisle to him singing "lady". He and his band are making a new recording of a song for our first dance. I won't know what it is until I hear it for the first time at the wedding.

I will askone daughter to be my maid of honor at one wedding, and the other daughter at the other wedding. Since my dad will only attend one, my son can walk me down the aisle at the other!

We've both been married before and had the $30,000 wedding with all the bells and whistles. Now I just want to have fun with my closest friends! This will be a stressful year.....but I can not WAIT.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Awesome!!!!!!!! Sounds lovely

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work but also a lot of fun!
      Good luck with all the planning - can't wait to hear more details and see the pictures!
      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
      became official: 28.03.11
      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Good idea With my husband I also had two weddings...or rather, one wedding with dinner in one city, and one wedding party some weeks later in another city. I was quite stressed about getting married again so the fact that I was already married at "wedding nr 2" made everything just fun and easy

Best of luck on the planning!
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Wow sounds amazing I love the ideas you have so far on the two weddings.

Comment

"Crazy" is good :-)
            I like all the ideas you have, happy planning! Oh, I know I am late to the party, but: congratulations on the engagement!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck and I hope everything turns out just as you planned

Comment

Love the ideas esp that the ladies can wear whatever dress as long as it's the right colour. That makes things so much easier

Comment

How exciting! Great ideas!
                  Met Online : July 2013
                  Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                  2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                  3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                  Proposal : December 2014
                  Closed distance : February 2015
                  Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Wow, that does sound crazy (but fun!).

My SO and I are also gonna be having two weddings, one in the US for his family, then in Europe for my family. But I could never do those a week apart, with planning being so stressful. But since you guys are going for two small, simple weddings, it might be doable.
                    first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                    second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anoulie View Post
                      Wow, that does sound crazy (but fun!).

My SO and I are also gonna be having two weddings, one in the US for his family, then in Europe for my family. But I could never do those a week apart, with planning being so stressful. But since you guys are going for two small, simple weddings, it might be doable.
                      I learned after my first wedding that THIS TIME I am doing what pleases me.....not everyone else! So it should be fun! I love to plan parties, and this is just a party! With bigger meaning! I was up all night researching!
                      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                        So, we have decided to plan TWO weddings. One in the mountains in Georgia, and the following weekend, one on the Beach in NY. First off, because I love both of those locations. And secondly, so our friends in both states can attend and nobody has to travel! This should be fun! And stressful. I only know a few things so far:

It will be simple

In the mountains the first bridal party will wear black....whatever dress they like, as long as it is black. Men will wear suits, and we will get married in a chapel.

In NY the second bridal party will wear white, any dress, and the men will wear shorts, and we will get married at the beach.

Receptions will be simple but elegant. In NY I am considering a winery. In the mountains we may rent a huge log home and everyone can stay...that will be BBQ and bonfire.

My SO sings and has made some CDS. in NY I will walk down the aisle to him singing "the One". In Ga I will walk down the aisle to him singing "lady". He and his band are making a new recording of a song for our first dance. I won't know what it is until I hear it for the first time at the wedding.

I will askone daughter to be my maid of honor at one wedding, and the other daughter at the other wedding. Since my dad will only attend one, my son can walk me down the aisle at the other!

We've both been married before and had the $30,000 wedding with all the bells and whistles. Now I just want to have fun with my closest friends! This will be a stressful year.....but I can not WAIT.
                        This sounds like the best idea ever!!! I'm sure they'll both be wonderful! Pictures, if possible, would be awesome!!! Congratulations again!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X