"We've missed you at LFAD!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We've missed you at LFAD!"

Maybe it was those persistent emails that coaxed me back here?

Anyway...hi there! I haven't been on this forum for a very long time, so I don't know how many people will recognize me...or how many people I'll recognize. But some of you may know me from the group on facebook (Elisabeth here...hey, girlies!).

My former SO and I broke up October of last year. We were together for about 3 years and had closed the distance, but things went south after several months of living together, and the end wasn't pretty. I won't bore you all with the details.

I recently became involved in a new relationship, and guess what? Yep, it's another LDR (just drawn to those, I guess?). I met her on tumblr and she's absolutely wonderful. I adore her and am very happy to be her girlfriend, but I'm still a little wary of relationships in general considering the way the last one ended. I wouldn't say I have my guard up, but I definitely have some fears.

Really, I just started this thread because I'm thinking of jumping back into the community here. I really enjoyed it before. I've considered starting fresh and creating a new profile, but I wanted to check for familiar faces first.

I hope to get to know everyone here! I'm sure you're all lovely people. If you want to say hi and tell me a little bit about yourself and/or your SO, that would be really cool! Hope you're all doing great! :')

Funny, that email got me back here as well lol. Welcome back!
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I recently returned as well, so welcome back ^^

I didn't even know there was a facebook group

Comment

Welcome back
        In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
        In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
        -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Hi welcome

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Swederica; then welcome back to you too, then! (:

Comment

Welcome back! Your username sounds vaguely familiar but I am not a 100% active member here so I don't really keep track of all the members.. and some members stick better than others (usually when the locations are closer to me and my SO or something else..) I know I was a member here when you were because I can tell my your join date. I don't expect you to remember me though :P I am still with my SO and we are doing good, still haven't closed the distance but are working towards our planned end date, by going to university and working on ideas for jobs/businesses for the future! I am in my 2nd year (out of 4.. or 5 ish) of my program and my boyfriend is in his 3rd year (and final, lucky British people!) of his Bachelors degree.

Good luck with the new relationship, I hope everything works out and see you around the forum!

Comment

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're with someone else who makes you happy.

Comment

Nice to meet you! I'm glad you found a new love and hope you're happy
                  My name is Vera, Ryan is my SO and he lives in the USA, while I am in the Netherlands. We've been dating for a few months now and I've never been happier. Even though the distance is hard.
                  We met online and it has been a crazy experience from the first chat.
                  I'd love to hear more about your story too!

Comment

Sweet that you found the way back I wish you best of luck with the new relationship. Here's hoping it'll turn out better than the last!

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                    X