The end is in site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end is in site?

He's applied for two transfers with his company. One here in Atlanta, and the other in Tennessee. Because of the nature of what he does, he isn't required to be in his office all the time, so although the Tennessee position will be a hike from my home, it can be done if he gets the position. His regional VP and regional President have both signed off on a transfer and will recommend him for the position in another part of the country. He DOES have to interview, like anyone else would, but because he is coming from inside the company, he has a leg up on anyone interviewing from outside the company.

So, now we just wait and see. Although his VP isn't happy about losing him, he is thrilled with the news of our engagement and would never stand in his way. This company is very family friendly, or at least his superiors in NY ARE. We are hoping they are the same way in the rest of the company! Still not counting my chickens, although he swears he will be here for good by the end of this year, with or without this job. Praying daily that it happens, but afraid to get too excited about it.

Disregard the typo in the title. I went back to edit for spelling and I can't change the title. It's sight, not site!
    Last edited by TaraMarie; September 16, 2014, 05:46 AM. Reason: I am an idiot
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Hoping it works out!

Comment

Good luck!
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

LOL, fingers crossed for you, but really in an LDR, Site is kinda a cute pun for "The end is in Site". We are all about locations right?
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good luck! Hopefully everything will work out just fine, and the two of you will be together in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
            LOL, fingers crossed for you, but really in an LDR, Site is kinda a cute pun for "The end is in Site". We are all about locations right?
            That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Good luck, Tara! Hope it works smoothly for you.

Comment

Good luck and best wishes!

Comment

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you guys!

Comment

That's great news! Hopefully things fall into place nicely for you both! *fingers crossed*
                  Met Online : July 2013
                  Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                  2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                  3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                  Proposal : December 2014
                  Closed distance : February 2015
                  Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                    Right....I was going there....exactly! Lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I hope it works out for you!! Goodluck

Comment

A little more good news.....SO has a phone interview with the VP of the Atlanta area next week. And SO is going to try to meet him here IN PERSON a week from Tuesday, as SO will be here on vacation and we will be at my house Monday night, in between Florida and Gatlinburg. The Regional VP here told my SO that SO's VP said he is destined to be a leader in the company and that he has never met anyone who can manage people like my SO can. My SO got a glowing recommendation from his VP. THATS DEFINITELY A PLUS! I don't think this company wants to let SO go! Keeping my fingers crossed for a wonderful interview and an offer. It sucks that they can't just transfer him....everyone has to apply!
                        sigpic

Comment

All positive things happening! Fingers crossed
                          Met Online : July 2013
                          Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                          2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                          3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                          Proposal : December 2014
                          Closed distance : February 2015
                          Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Good luck Tara,I hope he gets the job.

Comment

Sending good vibes your way!
                              In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
                              In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
                              -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X