I need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some advice

Last night when I was talking to my bf he told me that he wanted to do something special when he comes to see me,he also said that even if it's a long time until he can see me,is there something that he doesn't want to tell me?I think that he isen't going to be able to come and see me for a long time because he doesn't have the money,but why doesn't he just tell me that?I understand how expensive gas is these days,but why can't he just tell me that?I will understand.

I'd just let him know that it's bothering you not knowing why he thinks he won't be able to see you for awhile. I'd also ask him why he thinks that. Once you know the reason, you may be able to figure out together a way to make things work where you can see each other sooner.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I would simply ask him. Perhaps he doesn't want to let you down, and he's trying to drop hints because he doesn't want to tell you "I'm broke so we're not going to meet anytime soon". If that's the problem, could you visit him instead? Or he could start saving until he can afford gas, maybe you can help him out.
      It seems like he does want to meet you though, and that's what matters. My advice is to hold onto that, I'm sure you'll find a solution

Comment

Did he say he is not going to be able to see you for a long time? You will have to ask about that and then decide on a timeframe and date.
        Is it the first time you meet? If it is, make sure not to plan something for every single day, because spending time with each other in person is special on its own.

It's pretty difficult to plan on things to do without knowing when he will be able to visit you. You can always suggest to visit things in your area, like museums, parks, etc - whatever you two are interested in.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

You can ask him if there is something keeping him, offer to chip in on the gas, offer to come see him instead and so on. It could also be he is planning to do something special that takes time to prepare, but you should let him know that right now it is making you more nervous than joyful that he put it like that.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly712 View Post
            Last night when I was talking to my bf he told me that he wanted to do something special when he comes to see me,he also said that even if it's a long time until he can see me,is there something that he doesn't want to tell me?I think that he isen't going to be able to come and see me for a long time because he doesn't have the money,but why doesn't he just tell me that?I understand how expensive gas is these days,but why can't he just tell me that?I will understand.
            I know Florida is a big state tip to tip but really if you split the cost it can't be more than a 60 bucks to drive it. I suggest you offer to split it with him.

https://beta.costtodrive.com/from/Mi...et-2516Malibu/
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i had this problem of not being able to go visit my SO because of the cost of flights, i know where he's coming from and it i think he doesnt want to upset you or disappoint you i know i never mentioned it but gradually i became more comfortable with it just keep slowly asking him and if he wants to tell you he will

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                Did he say he is not going to be able to see you for a long time? You will have to ask about that and then decide on a timeframe and date.
                Is it the first time you meet? If it is, make sure not to plan something for every single day, because spending time with each other in person is special on its own.

It's pretty difficult to plan on things to do without knowing when he will be able to visit you. You can always suggest to visit things in your area, like museums, parks, etc - whatever you two are interested in.
                no,it's the first time we will be seeing each other in a long time though,I have known him ever since high school,in 2014,he moved to a different part of Florida,so were 3 hrs away from each other now.

Comment

Working...
                X