We did it! We ran away together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did it! We ran away together!

5000 miles and VISA laws keeping us apart. We gave up everything and left to live on the road. - we want to share our story and inspire other LDR couples. I'd love to talk to anyone who wants to chat Cheers from Lisbon.

"Live on the road" like you're permanent tourists/location hoppers?
    What do you do for money?

Comment

Lemme know how that works out for ya

Comment

So you got your visa? Thats great! Enjoy your time together!

Comment

^ The vibe I got from the post was that they didn't bother with the visa and immigration will never catch them
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
            So you got your visa? Thats great! Enjoy your time together!
            I think they mean that they went against the law in regards to VISAs and ran away.

Just for the record; I would advise anyone AGAINST doing that. Chances are staying together like that won't last long when immigration catches up to you. Especially when bragging about it on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneEmily View Post
              I think they mean that they went against the law in regards to VISAs and ran away.

Just for the record; I would advise anyone AGAINST doing that. Chances are staying together like that won't last long when immigration catches up to you. Especially when bragging about it on the internet.
              Yep. Chances of finding a job like that is going to be exceptionally difficult.

I guess, whatever floats your boat. I advise everyone to actually go through the visa process.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by JaneEmily View Post

I agree,that's very risky and dangerous to do,you could get in serious trouble for doing that.

Comment

yea i agree with JaneEmily. As much as i am happy you both are together, the situation seemed very precarious from what you wrote. I hope you are not breaking any laws doing this. maybe you could tell us more about the situation

Comment

They haven't neccesarily done anything illegal, it is not illegal to travel to another country together if getting acess to that country is easier. They could be working online for all I know, or live on savings. Of course it is not a permanent solution, but it could work for a while.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      They haven't neccesarily done anything illegal, it is not illegal to travel to another country together if getting acess to that country is easier. They could be working online for all I know, or live on savings. Of course it is not a permanent solution, but it could work for a while.
                      That's why I asked if they're "location hopping." There are people that do that. Build up some savings, and then live in places for short amounts of time (usually < 3 months, because of tourist limits, and it's on to the next country).
                      But it's hardly a permanent solution if there isn't some way to earn money to replace the savings, etc. and many people would likely get tired of the constant nomadic nature of it.

Comment

If visas needed to be obtained, then at some point it is going to be illegal.

I hope you two know what you are doing. Good luck.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                        Married: 1/24/2015
                        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Oh geeze, doesn't sound like a good plan to me then...

Comment

I wish the OP would respond

Comment

I'm totally curious as to how this is going to work. Sounds a bit shifty to me...
                              But hey, if you can afford to travel this much, good on you! Going to my SO's for the weekend is expensive enough, I can't imagine ''running away''...lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                              Married April 18th, 2015!!
                              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                              X