Frustration justified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok to be fair:

When I skype with my boyfriend I will sometimes advertise a blog post or youtube video. it used to frustrate him a lot until i explained that sometimes he reminds me of something I need to do and do it. Often we will do daily activities around each other just so we can spend time together. Other times I will get frustrated with something he says so I will check my social media while video chatting in order to calm down a bit.

Also there have been many times when my bf or I have thought the other was flirting when really it was innocent and nothing intended. We have learned to talk about anything that upsets us exactly when it happens, not later because we think about it more and more and become even more upset. Try not to get too upset with her, though you do have reason, because she may have a reason for it she hasn't voiced. Maybe something you are talking about upsets her or she doesnt understand it, who knows. Talk peacefully about it. Ask why dont just voice your frustration with it

Comment

Have things settled down now?

Comment

I'm not sure. She's at work and I am feeling rather anxious, but I am hoping we can talk when she gets home. We did have a wee chat before she left for work and everything seemed alright, so I guess I'll find out for sure when she's home.
        ---------------
        Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

My S/o stays up late to spend about 8 hours on Skype with me so I can fall asleep to him breathing and have a quick "good morning talk after work baba" chat, so when we are on Skype I let him relax and play on the xbox and I spend it reading or checking fb. We do talk while we are doing our own thing and at times we don't even have to talk because we just enjoy having one another there. If she does it and doesn't speak to you then what's the point of skyping other than to stare? I hope you figure out a compromise good luck

Comment

Originally posted by lordpsymon View Post
            I'm not sure. She's at work and I am feeling rather anxious, but I am hoping we can talk when she gets home. We did have a wee chat before she left for work and everything seemed alright, so I guess I'll find out for sure when she's home.
            I can understand why you're anxious! Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Apparently she didn't even think about the accusations of me flirting last night, so maybe she just was having an insecure moment and the alcohol didn't help. We're talking now and we're spamming each other with romantic quotes and pick-up lines. I think we're ok.
              ---------------
              Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Originally posted by lordpsymon View Post
                Apparently she didn't even think about the accusations of me flirting last night, so maybe she just was having an insecure moment and the alcohol didn't help. We're talking now and we're spamming each other with romantic quotes and pick-up lines. I think we're ok.
                I'd say you're fine!

Comment

I'm the kind of person that needs full attention when we FaceTime. We talk for about an hour every night before bed, and to me, that leaves plenty of time for him to do something else when he isn't talking to me. I find it to be disrespectful to do be doing something completely different when you're having a conversation with someone - SO, friend, colleague, whoever, long distance or in person.

Also (and this may be a stretch) but it sounds like she's pretty engrossed in Facebook. Scrolling through her newsfeed while she talks to you, dwelling on conversations from weeks ago...I know most of our generation are firmly entrenched in their social media presence but I wonder if it's more to do with a problem with Facebook than a problem with paying attention to you.
                  In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
                  In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
                  -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                  X