No announcement yet.

should i give up or keep trying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why you are putting yourself through this. You are still young. lots of people don't have kids until they are 30. He shouldn't be pressuring you and if he is he is rather selfish and not taking your thoughts into consideration!

Comment

Originally posted by sadness View Post
      the thing is he can handle it...he has 3 baby siblings and he takes care of them for a week or 2 every month and he loves it, i know hed be an awesome father im just not ready yet
      he can either accept or not, you don't need to have a baby to appease him. Five years might not even be long enough.
      Last edited by Hollandia; September 27, 2014, 09:18 PM.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

kinda long reply

Something my BF used to freak out about was the fact I am older then him. He was always worried that because i have to wait for him to age several years before we could even really try to live together, and wait for his college after that point to have kids. I then asked him if he wanted kids. (women always have a reason for asking) He said from 0-3. He was fine if he did, fine if he didn't. I then told him that i've never thought much about wanting kids for my own personal reasons. He became heavily relieved. We have since talked about kids and the fact that it might be nice to have a daughter or a son if God wanted us too. However there is no rush with it and he knows it.

As much as it might hurt to say. It seams like you might want to let him go. You need to finish school. You never know when something will happen and you need a good job to feed your children if you should have any. The fact he is pushing for a kid at such a young age worries me. The average is ranging now to 26+ before people even marry. Hes got some years. So do you, and if hes not willing to see that then hes not the right one for you. Partnership means sacrificing for each other, and it seams to me that you sacrifice much and he sacrifices nothing.

With Dating L ive learned something about how a good relationship runs. Never go to sleep upset, or even if you are upset still say i love you. Like last night we went to bed upset at each other, and guess who didn't sleep hardly at all last night? Both of us. Enfact it was aweful because we both hate going to bed even slightly upset at each other. He tries everything in his power to fix it, and I force myself to when I get down. (I struggle with depression and not really knowing my emotions. When i say i force myself too i mean I force myself cause i love him, not because I feel like i have to). The fact that your always fixing and he doesn't seam too want to could mean two different things. He doesn't care enough, or He doesn't know how to. In both cases it is just better to let him go. (if he doesn't know he is either to immature or needs some consoling too help him in relationships)

Those are my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerQueen View Post
          kinda long reply

Something my BF used to freak out about was the fact I am older then him. He was always worried that because i have to wait for him to age several years before we could even really try to live together, and wait for his college after that point to have kids. I then asked him if he wanted kids. (women always have a reason for asking) He said from 0-3. He was fine if he did, fine if he didn't. I then told him that i've never thought much about wanting kids for my own personal reasons. He became heavily relieved. We have since talked about kids and the fact that it might be nice to have a daughter or a son if God wanted us too. However there is no rush with it and he knows it.

As much as it might hurt to say. It seams like you might want to let him go. You need to finish school. You never know when something will happen and you need a good job to feed your children if you should have any. The fact he is pushing for a kid at such a young age worries me. The average is ranging now to 26+ before people even marry. Hes got some years. So do you, and if hes not willing to see that then hes not the right one for you. Partnership means sacrificing for each other, and it seams to me that you sacrifice much and he sacrifices nothing.

With Dating L ive learned something about how a good relationship runs. Never go to sleep upset, or even if you are upset still say i love you. Like last night we went to bed upset at each other, and guess who didn't sleep hardly at all last night? Both of us. Enfact it was aweful because we both hate going to bed even slightly upset at each other. He tries everything in his power to fix it, and I force myself to when I get down. (I struggle with depression and not really knowing my emotions. When i say i force myself too i mean I force myself cause i love him, not because I feel like i have to). The fact that your always fixing and he doesn't seam too want to could mean two different things. He doesn't care enough, or He doesn't know how to. In both cases it is just better to let him go. (if he doesn't know he is either to immature or needs some consoling too help him in relationships)

Those are my thoughts.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this helped me a lot thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X