Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that?

Inspired by another thread on here I wanted to ask you fellow LFADers, where do you draw the line of how far you are willing to go for your relationship/your SO? What would you definately not do for your other half/your relationship?

I'll go first. I most definately wouldn't move to be with him and leave my children behind (uprooting them isn't even a possibility due to shared custody).
    And I wouldn't do anything illegal.
    I am willing to wait for him/us and be in a long distance relationship as long as it takes.

I don't know. I tell myself I would do anything, but maybe that is just me being stupid and young. I guess I will probably never make love unless we are married or one of us is in the situation where we might never be together again (illness or death hate thinking about it). I am a virgin and proud, so I refuse to be a statistic that shames my generation.

Comment

Change who I am as a person. For the longest time, I did exactly that. Long hair, blonde hair, no piercings, these clothes or those, etc....but they never changed their appearances. I LOVE how I do my style. Why should I do what you want? Nothing to do with harming animals or children. Nothing to do with drugs. Or selling myself to make a living.

Comment

I wouldn't leave my husband, or give up my chance to finish my phd. Not that SO would ask me to do any of those things.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Anything that is against laws and harms someone.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I wouldn't convert to any religion. Or stop having sex.
            Last edited by CynicalQuixotic; September 26, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I won't do anything illegal. I won't accept someone back who cheated.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

This is hard, because my guy would never ask any of this from me, but:

Like CQ, no religion.
                I wouldn't ever give up my pets
                I wouldn't consistently pay for his living expenses, bills or give him money on a continual basis, barring an emergency.
                I would not allow someone to tell me how to dress, how to act, or put up with being told what I can and cannot do.
                I would never be with someone who didn't like and fully accept my family, or who would try to tell me to have less contact
                If they wanted children, I'm done with doing that.
                I wouldn't do most illegal things.
                I'd never harm anyone else for love
                I wouldn't give up my career

That might be it, I'll edit if I think of anything else.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                  I wouldn't consistently pay for his living expenses, bills or give him money on a continual basis, barring an emergency.
                  I do that on a regular basis. I pay about 75 % of our living expenses. Otherwise we could not afford our own flat in this relatively expensive town. I wouldn't pay for someone who could afford it themselves, but I know what he earnes and I have no problem covering for him. He is smart with money, what he has he uses on our flat, his studies, dental bills or sends back home. He has a low income job now, I assume that will change after his studies.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    I do that on a regular basis. I pay about 75 % of our living expenses. Otherwise we could not afford our own flat in this relatively expensive town. I wouldn't pay for someone who could afford it themselves, but I know what he earnes and I have no problem covering for him. He is smart with money, what he has he uses on our flat, his studies, dental bills or sends back home. He has a low income job now, I assume that will change after his studies.
                    I'm not sure what that has to do with the things *I* wouldn't do for love, but whatever floats your boat.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I think
                      "I wouldn't do anything, I wouldn't want to do myself."
                      sums it up.

I wouldn't change my religion, I wouldn't wear anything because he told me to, I wouldn't stop seeing any of my friends or family, I wouldn't do anything illegal, give up a hobby or my (non existing) career, etc.
                      Hell, I don't even make the bed, because I don't want to. I'm the worst wife ever.

If he had good reasons to ask me any of that, we could discuss it and if he was convincing enough, we could probably find a compromise. But "because I want to" is NOT a good reason.
                      I would pay his living expenses if there was a good reason, he couldn't earn a lot of money at the moment. I wouldn't change my religion, but I do (did! lately he hasn't been going a lot ) accompany my SO to mass sometimes, because I like spending time with him and I want to understand what he gets from it.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Hahaha, Meatloaf fan spotted!

And since I feel bad about not answering the question - going against my core principles, some of which have been mentioned before. Love is important, but the most important relationship I have or will have is with myself, since I will have to live with myself for the rest of my life.

Comment

Hmmm I think I am pretty clear on this

1. Give up the option of having children.
                          2. Live a life of poverty or get into serious debt where bailiffs etc are searching for us or bill collectors constantly calling our phone.
                          3. Commit fraud or any serious illegal activity that has the risk of prison time.
                          4. Change my core personality: I will make adjustments and evolve where certain negative tendencies are concerned and I appreciate any encouragement in those areas.
                          5. Be the only person who does household chores or clean up after him all the time.
                          6. Be a doormat : don't have a voice and feel disrespected.
                          7. Engage in sexual acts that give me absolutely no pleasure or adversely risks my health.
                          8. Accept physical or verbal abuse.
                          9. Accept cheating
                          10. Accept a partner who does not make an effort to take care of their health and well-being.
                          Last edited by Petals; September 26, 2014, 04:18 PM.
                          Met Online : July 2013
                          Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                          2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                          3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                          Proposal : December 2014
                          Closed distance : February 2015
                          Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I wouldn't do anything illegal,or change anything about myself for my so,at least he loves me for me,and would never want me or ask me to change anything about myself.

Comment

Considering I don't have kids or much else right now, I'd definitely do anything for my girlfriend. I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can do whatever is necessary without any serious consequences.
                              ---------------
                              Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X