This stuff is still out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This stuff is still out there.

I saw this video and thought it might be prudent to post here. Yes, most of the LDRs on here are all legit, but as a mom I do worry about some of our younger members jumping into things they should not be,that might be dangerous to them. These type of predators are still out there so if you are in a situation that is similar, talk to your parents about it and be very careful. Sex slaves still exists as does human trafficking. If it sounds too good to be true, rule of thumb it usually is.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...388317&fref=nf
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Very true. Sometimes even I still allow myself to be too relaxed online. I'm not silly, but after meeting my SO, some international friends, and some local friends (common hobby) in real life after meeting them online, I've gotten a little bit lax about it.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I read the book about Sophie Hayes (Traficked) after I first went to see my SO. (Bought it from the airport on my way back home).
      That did make me think in away how careless/trusting and naive I have sometimes been.
      I think the scariest thing in the book was that the person who traficked her made the effort to get to know her for several years and had her regard him as her best friend and confident.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I agree sometimes it's easy to get complacent and not stay vigilant, I guess until you Skype or meet in person you don't really know who you are talking to.

Comment

Working...
        X