Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you worry incessantly when your SO is travelling home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you worry incessantly when your SO is travelling home?

My sweetie left at 7am this morning to start the 12-hour drive back to his home. It was super foggy and his check engine light was on in his car. It is under warranty, but no dealerships could get him in over the weekend, so he decided to drive like that (seemed to be running ok). I haven't heard from him at all which is pretty unusual; he usually at least sends me a quick message about halfway through his journey so I know things are ok. I hate this worrying! I just want to know he got home safely. I am such a worry wart even though I try not to be. I have a large assignment due in less than 6 hours that I have had such a hard time focusing on today just not knowing what's going on. Does anyone else get like this, or am I just absolutely crazy?

It's natural to worry about the one you love. Try not to worry, he might be out of reception or his phone could be flat. I know it's hard but try focusing on something else to stop your mind from worrying. If you haven't heard from him after an hour of when he should have arrived try calling him. Do you have other ways to contact like fb? If his phone is flat it might take a bit to charge up. I'm sure he'll be ok

Comment

Oh my goodness, go figure right after I post this I finally hear from him, lol. We have text, facebook messenger, etc. I'm just so relieved he made it home safely!

Comment

Originally posted by nerdgasm42 View Post
        Oh my goodness, go figure right after I post this I finally hear from him, lol. We have text, facebook messenger, etc. I'm just so relieved he made it home safely!
        Told you I bet you feel on top of the world now

Comment

I am the one doing the travelling. I like to give messages how I am, especially since I usually travel in the evening so it is after midnight for him when I get home. I am happy the airline I use have started to offer free wifi on board, that way I have a way of contacting him while flying, I did not have that last year so I happy for the change.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

No, I don't give it a second thought. :S

Comment

I don't really worry about it. My SO gets tired while driving sometimes but he is good at stopping for a coffee or calling me. He's a big boy, I don't worry.

Comment

I sadly have tendencies to get paranoid. Since I experienced death in the family early in my life, I've always been a bit of a worrywart. Sometimes the thoughts really spiral, but most of the time I got it under control. Still, it's a huge relief when I know that my SO got to me or back home safely, since it's a 16 hour trip by plane including two layovers. I just can't help thinking about what might go wrong.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I may worry if I don't hear from him in a long time (24 hours or more), but not neccesarily when he is travelling. I mean, the couple of times he has taken the bus to his home town it has been very inconvenient (because the internet acess in that bus is unstable), but I never worry what will happen to him on that journey. I have never worried about anyone, really. My ex always wanted to know where I was, so I am used to giving notice in a relationship, but I don't naturally worry much about others, I never have, or worried about my own personal safety for that matter. It just doesn't occur to me that something might happen. Apart from a short period where I worried about SOs personal safety bicycling in Turkish traffic, I have not worried about SO. I have always known him to take care of himself wherever he is, I think of him like a cat that will always land on its feet.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am constantly like this! My boyfriend is a policeman too, so I have double worries! I always think the worst when I don't hear from him straight away but it's usually something stupid like he didn't hear his phone or fell asleep, but I panic and think the worse instantly haha, so you're not alone! xx

Comment

He never comes up to see me, so I really only worry when the weather is crappy and he has to drive home from work, or when he's been drinking. Lol.

Comment

No, neither of us worry. This time might be different though because it's going to be a 15-16 hour drive for me one-way instead of flying. I have a feeling my blue-tooth is going to get a lot of use!
                        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Ahahahahahahaha
                          AHAHAHAHAHAHA
                          Yes.
                          I always have a flight tracker open. I have her text me the second she lands. I have to make sure she makes her next flight. THEN ANOTHER FLIGHT TRACKER. I'm just so glad she doesn't have to fly over the ocean cause my worrying brain could not handle that.

...I do this with everyone I love when they travel though. When my sister goes to South Carolina for HER LDR we all have the flight tracker up obsessively too.
                          Met: Apr 2013
                          Mutual interest: July 2013
                          Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                          First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                          Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                          Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                          Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                          Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X