Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technology To Help Bring Intimacy To LDR Couples!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology To Help Bring Intimacy To LDR Couples!

Just wanted to share this cool new technology project I found on the web, called Pillow Talk. I want to buy one!!! XD I underlined and put bold print on my favorite part!

"Pillow Talk is a project aiming to connect long distance lovers. Each person has a pillow for their bed and a chest sensor which they wear to sleep at night. The chest sensor wirelessly communicates with the other person’s pillow; when one person goes to bed, their lover’s pillow begins to glow softly to indicate their presence. Placing your head on the pillow allows you to hear the real-time heartbeat of your loved one.

The result is an intimate interaction between two lovers, regardless of the distance between them.
    The project is built using a transceiver from a Polar exercise watch, built into a circuit which runs via an Arduino board. The pillows have a flat panel containing the circuit, small speakers and lights, which can slot into any pillow. "

Here is the development blog website!! There's even a youtube video!: https://imd.dundee.ac.uk/~jmontgomery/wp/?page_id=2

I would of put this under "Things for LDR Couples To Do" but since it isn't available to buy yet, I thought I would put it here instead.

That's very cool! I was lurking a bit, while playing a game before bed and had a look at the website. I just sent my SO a link to the site, too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I want, i want :<

Comment

ohhh i want this! I love his heartbeat cos its so unique with his metal valve...its like a ticking and sometimes u can hear it from a metre away. I love listening to it, its so calming

Comment

I bet that's going to be super expensive, but that sounds awesome as all get out. For now I'll stick to the 'beating heart' in my Build-A-Bear. XD

Comment

I would love to have one of these. Of course, by the time it finally comes out, I'll probably have closed the distance, so... XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

OMG I want this O_o

Comment

I do love technology!

Comment

It's a great idea, but it's probably going to be super expensive

Comment

That's probably going to cost so much money.
                    My so would love that, she falls asleep on my chest every time she's here
                    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
                    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
                    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
                    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
                    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Whoever thought of that is so smart!

Comment

That sounds like a WONDERFUL device!
                        It may be expensive, but I'd love to try it out when it comes out n.n

Comment

This would be so great! nothing quite like falling asleep listening to his heart beat

Comment

Working...
                          X