LDR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR ?

If a woman definitely wants you to come see her. But when talking on the phone, you are doing most of the talking and she even says she doesn't know what to talk about. My inclination is that she doesn't really want me to come out to see her.

What are other peoples' thoughts'?

https://www.howtogetthewomanofyourdr...in-dating-you/

#'s 1 n' 2 don't apply since we don't text. #3 applies because we have spontaneously called each other. #4 doesn't apply since we are obviously not in the same locale. #5 I have been thinking about doing to see what she is really thinking and what she really wants. #6 I will also skip. #7 She told her grandmother about me. Her grandmother's response was something like 'We will see if he ever shows up'. #8 doesn't apply yet, since we aren't physically together. #'s 9 n' 10 don't apply yet, because of location.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Maybe you could try asking her.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
      If a woman definitely wants you to come see her. But when talking on the phone, you are doing most of the talking and she even says she doesn't know what to talk about. My inclination is that she doesn't really want me to come out to see her.

What are other peoples' thoughts'?[...]
      There might be times where she would like to have you arround and times where she rather wants you to stay away.
      What do you mean by the talking part?? I am afraid that you might be projecting your own interest level onto the women. Her not knowing what to talk about is not a very promising sign. If you have any doubts on her attraction towards you, don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
        What?!! Why on earth would he do that?

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          What?!! Why on earth would he do that?
          LOL
          I think we might need a thread for "Is she/he into me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
            LOL
            I think we might need a thread for "Is she/he into me?"
            Agreed! Then I can avoid these kinds of threads altogether
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

And to think that in the very guidelines of this forum, Michelle said that it is useless to ask "what is he/she thinking? What's going one with them?" because none of us are psychic...
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
                Done that twice. She said both times. That she wants me to come out to see her. But she also says that she doesn't know what to say on the phone.
                Originally posted by Chillosaurus View Post
                There might be times where she would like to have you around and times where she rather wants you to stay away.
                What do you mean by the talking part?? I am afraid that you might be projecting your own interest level onto the woman. Her not knowing what to talk about is not a very promising sign. If you have any doubts on her attraction towards you, don't go.
                I agree with you, that her not knowing what to talk about is not a promising sign. I am not going any time soon. If at all.

At the same time that I may be projecting my interest. Her ambiguity as to her interest(or lack thereof), is eating at me.

Edit: Maybe she is the type that talks better in person, than on the phone, or online. But that is just a guess.
                Last edited by Chris516; October 1, 2014, 02:09 PM.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Some people are really bad at talking on the phone. I know I was when I first starting calling with my SO. It's better now but the most we ever talk is probably about an hour and a half. Not much when I hear people saying they talk on the phone for 3 hours but it's enough for us. I hope things change soon and you can get this figured out!

Comment

Originally posted by CanGirl View Post
                    Some people are really bad at talking on the phone. I know I was when I first starting calling with my SO. It's better now but the most we ever talk is probably about an hour and a half. Not much when I hear people saying they talk on the phone for 3 hours but it's enough for us. I hope things change soon and you can get this figured out!
                    In my previous LDR. We were on the phone for upwards of six hours. That LDR went on for five years. But the phone conversations lessened in length of time, as time went on.

My present 'situation'(if she doesn't think of it as an LDR) is such that, she sounds overjoyed to hear from me. But I can always hear the television in the background. That is why I want to get out there soon. So I can spend some time with her, to see how things really work.

Comment

She could be shy or introvert. I don't think I have talked to anyone on the phone 6 hours, ever. Once me and SO Skyped for about 4 hours, that is to us "the time we Skyped all night ". And we really like each other, we just prefer to write more than we talk.

If she sounds thrilled to hear from you and wants a visit, why dont you go?
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                        She could be shy or introvert. I don't think I have talked to anyone on the phone 6 hours, ever. Once me and SO Skyped for about 4 hours, that is to us "the time we Skyped all night ". And we really like each other, we just prefer to write more than we talk.

If she sounds thrilled to hear from you and wants a visit, why dont you go?
                        I just have to save up the $(I have almost 50% at this point) for an airplane ticket.

Comment

I am not going any time soon. If at all.
                          It seems you already may have doubts...
                          Last edited by Elizabeth123; October 5, 2014, 10:09 AM. Reason: mis use of bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth123 View Post
                            It seems you already may have doubts...
                            Not doubts. Just lack of $ for flight. I just hope what 'differentcountries' said, is true.

Comment

Working...
                            X