Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just broke up with my ld bf; feeling hurt any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just broke up with my ld bf; feeling hurt any advice?

I just broke up with my ld bf this morning who was abusive towards me. We've been together for almost 3 years and he was my first true love. I lost my virginity to him so I feel a deep connection with him. I am not going to sit here and act like i was perfect during the relationship but he really hurt me. he physically abused me; he always met women online and flirted; engaged in sexual conversations and it got to the point where some girls would get in between our relationship. we fought over it all the time and he would tell me its just to boost his ego and that he has a problem with meeting girls online. I put up with it for a really long time until recently I went to visit him for 12 days and 2 days after i came back i fell sick; i had to go to the hospital and have 2 bags of IV because i was dehydrated. Then last night i signed into his skype because of my insecurities and i found a sexual conversation between him and this random girl who was 7 yrs older than us(we're 22). This convo was on the same day I was in the hospital. I was so hurt! i cut up the t-shirts he bought for me; I smashed the picture frame he bought me and cut myself out of the picture. We spoke on the phone for over 2 hrs and he was crying and begging me not to leave him but i've heard this story too many time before. i really love him but I went through a lot of pain and hurt throughout this relationship. I need to move on. I deleted the pictures from my phone and my usb as we were planning to get married next year Jan. I cried so hard while i was deleting them and i know this will be hard for me. I keep telling myself this is the best thing. I am really hurting. Any advice guys?

that man doesn't deserve any of your respect or any more of your time. Just cut him out of your life and move on, i know it will be hard and challenging but it really is the right thing to do

Comment

Sorry to hear about your break up,
      It will really hurt for a time and it will take a while to get over him and to move on but it is for the best, anyone who is abusive to a partner in anyway does not deserve them.
      You deserve so much better but right now concentrate on yourself surround yourself with your family and friends, those who love you and they will help you slowly feel better. You have done the right thing.
      First met - June 2014
      Became official - 14 October 2014
      First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
      I visited Arizona - June 2015
      I visited Arizona- November 2015
      2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
      December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
      May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueheart View Post
        I just broke up with my ld bf this morning who was abusive towards me. We've been together for almost 3 years and he was my first true love. I lost my virginity to him so I feel a deep connection with him. I am not going to sit here and act like i was perfect during the relationship but he really hurt me. he physically abused me; he always met women online and flirted; engaged in sexual conversations and it got to the point where some girls would get in between our relationship. we fought over it all the time and he would tell me its just to boost his ego and that he has a problem with meeting girls online. I put up with it for a really long time until recently I went to visit him for 12 days and 2 days after i came back i fell sick; i had to go to the hospital and have 2 bags of IV because i was dehydrated. Then last night i signed into his skype because of my insecurities and i found a sexual conversation between him and this random girl who was 7 yrs older than us(we're 22). This convo was on the same day I was in the hospital. I was so hurt! i cut up the t-shirts he bought for me; I smashed the picture frame he bought me and cut myself out of the picture. We spoke on the phone for over 2 hrs and he was crying and begging me not to leave him but i've heard this story too many time before. i really love him but I went through a lot of pain and hurt throughout this relationship. I need to move on. I deleted the pictures from my phone and my usb as we were planning to get married next year Jan. I cried so hard while i was deleting them and i know this will be hard for me. I keep telling myself this is the best thing. I am really hurting. Any advice guys?
        I'm so sorry to hear this,abuse is never acceptable,you deserve so much better. hang in there,you will get through this.

Comment

Take some time for yourself, spend time with friends and family. It hurts but time will help. You deserve better; you did the right thing.
          When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
          no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

This will be hard to read, but be VERY glad you got away before you were married to him. I was with someone who was abusive for six years. It's a hard and difficult situation to leave because they gas light you into believing you are crazy or imagining shit. Or that you are the one in the wrong. Or that you deserve it. Stay away. Do not contact him. Do not believe his shit.

Comment

I'm happy you were strong enough to walk away! You ARE STRONG enough to cut all ties and move on with your life!

It is hard and will be hard for a long time, but it does gets better with time!

You are brave, you are strong! You will be ok!
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I can only agree with what everyone else has said. It probably is one of the hardest thing you've done but it definitely the best thing you could have done. Your physical and mental health are worth much more than any relationship. It will get better as time goes on.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I must say Congratulations on getting out of a relationship like that! It will get better I promise and you will find someone that will treat you like the princess you really are! Keep up the good spirit and take one step at a time. ((hugs))

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have been ill, but congratulations on having the strength to end it now and not later when it was more complicated and difficult.

Try not to dwell on things too much, and let the grief and the hurt leave you in due course, but remember that life does go on, it hasn't ended and there is a better man than the one you just left out there for you to find.

All the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X