Boyfriend is sick...all he wants to do is sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend is sick...all he wants to do is sleep

I just talked to my boyfriend, he has just been sleeping and sleeping after work, this is the 3rd day of this. He feels mostly tired and his knees hurt. I see his eyes are all watery. I suspect that I have passed the flu on to him (I just got confirmed that I have strand A flu and also just had strand B). I feel so bad that I can't be there for him. He feels so far away and it is really not comfortable for him to Skype when all he wants to do is sleep...

Work is not hard these days, so he is not tired from that. He promised me that if he feels this bad tomorrow, he will see the doctor (they have health insurance at work, so there is a big chance he might actually do that). He has tried to drink lots and obviously rest and sleep...

Still I feel so bad, I wish I could transport a tiny part of me to watch over him. He seems so mentally distant and kind of dismissive ("It is nothing. I will get better tomorrow, I promise"), it is because of the sickness I guess. Still I can't help but feel a bit helpless and even rejected, I am not sure if he even hears it when I try to tell him I think about him .

I am not sure if I want advice or if I am just venting. He was sick last fall too but in a way it was easier for me because he was "just" a student then. I worry he won't be able to perform at his job and I wonder what is wrong with him, and if I brought it on him...

Anyway, everything will pass, but it is so much harder over the distance when SO is sick. I keep wishing I could be there physically to bring him tea, hold my arms around him and do all the little things for him a girlfriend is supposed to do
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Don't beat yourself up about it, even if you did give it to him, there are many chances that he would have picked it up elsewhere, the ones going round this year are pretty nasty.

As he has been going to work, it seems it is not so bad that you need to overly worry about things, sleep is the body's natural repair mechanism. Yes it sucks to talk less, but he'll get over it, either with some help from some drugs or without

I was ill from my previous trip to the US right until mid way through this last one: June -> Sept. Antibiotics did not shift it, paracetamol & ibuprofen neither, or vitamins.... never been ill for that long in my life, but i'm still here and getting back to my best

Comment

Vent it out sister! We all feel similarly when our S/O is sick especially if the healthy partner is a girl.
      My s/o did the exact same thing, he was being dismissive but once he got better he did explain that he appreciated the tlc.
      guys i guess naturally are so dominant that when they get sick, they tend to feel like they are weak and never want to let their woman know that they have a weak side too (being the protector and all)

I'm sure when he is all better, he will be so loving and appreciative of your love and concern.

*sending prayer to your s/o that he may get better soon *

Comment

Influenza A can be very serious, I would definitely recommend that he sees a doctor, especially if he's been feeling that bad. I'm surprised he's even been going to work.

I know it's tough to not be there when your SO is ill, just have to support them however you can and wish them the best.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

He is very proud about his work, and they don't have anyone who can step in for them, which means that every time one is out the other ones have to work more. That is also why they urge the boys to see the doctor, so they can get well right away and have no sick days.

I know how that is too, at our workplace we are only two emplyees and I also worked for 2 months with flu B + A (granted, I did not know what it was until a couple of days ago when the blood test results came). My boss probably has it, too (from her daughter and then gave it to me), we have both tried 2 cures for it.

My guy is not that manly, haha, I am even physically stronger than him and he needs me to open jars and stuff. He even says he likes me because he doesn't have to entertain and protect me, he is not into protecting women. But he is raised tough, his grandmother gets up every morning to milk the cows no matter how bad she feels (she is old and has a lot of pain issues), his mother is like a force of nature, she always does something, people in his town (many of who are his relatives) are part-time farmers, they are never idle and they never complain. I even have to persuade him to take pain killers. He did like it when I mothered him over Skype last time, though. I will just see how it goes, and I guess it can't be bad that I think about him

Thanks for the prayer! I will keep him in my prayers too
          Last edited by differentcountries; October 5, 2014, 05:22 PM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I hope you n' your boyfriend, both recover from the flu.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Comment

Oh I certainly get the work thing, since at my role I'm the only one who does it. There is a back-up person, but only for planned time off like holiday leave etc, not for sick days. So if I'm sick for four days I come back absolutely swamped. Still, if you're sick, you're sick. Just my thoughts anyway, hope he improves quickly.
                Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

He says he feels better today but promised me that he would contact a doctor if he started to feel bad again. I will hold him to that promise if I see he is not well.

Comment

He is still good, even well enough to do the double shift. He says that my love for him over Skype made him well again... well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6Vo5yKsCY

Comment

I hope your bf gets to feeling better soon.

Comment

Thank you. I will see later in the week - he is always tired on Tuesdays anyway (busy Sundays, double shift on Monday), so I will give him a couple of more nights to see if he is has really shaken the flu or whatever off.

Comment

Hope things improve soon

Comment

Thanks for your wishes I do think he is getting better. He is tired, but that could also be because he has worked almost a full season. He complained too that he was lonely, but he started having friends over, which I think is a great use of our flat

Comment

Working...
                            X