Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype with SO

Can someone help me?

I want to fly to visit my SO, but my parents won't let me until I talk with her on skype few times. (Which is understandable for both me and them, as I don't want any of my organs sold).

When I ask her if we can skype, she is saying she has some issues with her microphone/camera or she just ignores me, as if she hasn't seen that message

I invited her for a date on Friday evening, and what's the best way to silently persuade her to go for skype? She already accepted the invitation, and I think she doesn't know the consequences

Every kind of help is well-appreciated

well if she has FB or android smartphone you can use hangouts, or FB to use the camera on the phone not a pc.

but there are lots of ways to have a phone call and not 'see' the person face to face.

Your parents and you are correct it is a huge risk to head out there without verifying that it is them you are going to see, so I would be very careful, and make a decision about whether if they can't do something fairly simple via technology (even if it is visiting a internet cafe etc) I'd walk away. If it was meant to be they would put in the effort to prove they are not a catfish

Comment

Tango is a good video chat app for smartphones if she has one

Comment

Try to make it sound romantic, like you really want to see her. If she is sceptical, offer to talk first, to help her with the practical stuff and so on.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X