LD advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LD advice

My BF and I have been together 3 years this coming January. We haven't seen each other in 3 years. I know how that sounds especially since we are really only one state apart, but the two of us don't drive and a round trip bus ticket is gonna cost much more then either of us can even afford right now. He has an iphone and i have a Galaxy S3 but we can't get any video chat to work, we had gotten oovoo to work but it only worked once, tango doesnt work, skype doesn't work nothing. It's starting to get really stressful being in a LDR when I can't have him next to me when I need him most. Doctor's appointments, birthdays, parties, etc. Any tips to make this heartache go away that is affordable? I don't want to just give up because i do see a future with him, but i don't know if i can handle the distance anymore.

What kind of internet packages have the two of you got? We used to have problemes with Skype in the past but ever since he got this big (sort of expensive) package, Skype is usually very stable for us.

Maybe you can split the cost for a roun trip ticket.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You're 2 hours away from each other. I know to get my daughter from Concord NH to Boston MA is was only $25 one-way and that is an hour drive. I'd seriously start looking into ways to be able to get there. I think an in person meeting is important enough that the two of you need to plan and budget in order to afford to see each other. Is there anyplace in between where it may be cheaper for both of you to bus to instead of visiting where you live? As an example I know it's a cheap trip to take a bus from here (NH) to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun (both in CT) because those are choice destinations. It's time to think outside the box.....
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Megabus usually has good ticket prices.

As for your question, my gf and I use Viber. It's a really cool app and they've just recently added video calling.

Comment

Tango is a great video calling app too

Comment

when you say it doesn't work what happens?

No voice, or stuttery video?

All the video calling apps work best on Wifi, but 3G is a requirement otherwise, my GF and I use google's hangouts - but we only call not video, but I use the video part with my sister and Mum from time to time.

What i have done in the past is to take myself off to some-where with free wifi to use it (before I had my net installed) and so maybe try to arrange a 'date' where you both have got decent wifi coverage someplace - not as private sure, but it is a start if it is not working in your own homes.

Another thing to try is to test out whether it is on his end or yours by using the apps with some-one else to test them.

Comment

Working...
            X