Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsympathetic

Hi guys!

I've been in an LDR for 8 months now and usually things are pretty great. Lately though, my boyfriends been kind of unsympathetic it feels like. He was supposed to see me this weekend after he went hunting with his friends, but his friends wanted to stay hunting all weekend so he did. I was obviously sad because we don't get much time together but he never apologized or seemed sad he wouldn't see me. I feel like sometimes it's obvious that I like him more than he likes me and that's a scary feeling. I know he cares about me, but sometimes I just wish he would act like he misses me. Any advice on how to handle this? I just don't want to feel like I'm the clingy one who wants to always be together when sometimes he acts like he doesn't.

I would say to just talk to him about it,tell him how you feel about it when he does this to you,spending time with each other is a very important,just ask him about it.

Comment

From what I hear, when people are into hunting that can become quite intense. I am thinking it will be better to arrange to see you at a weekend where he is not out hunting.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Is this a regular behaviour of his, or was it just this particular occasion? I know it's upsetting, and you should probably tell him that it upset you, but if this isn't something that happens regularly I wouldn't make a big issue about it. If he doesn't see his friends often, maybe he just got excited spending time with them and decided to stay longer and see you another time?

My boyfriend isn't an openly emotional person, and doesn't say he misses me often, but by the other things he does I know he cares about me and loves me. Some people just show affection in different ways.
        started dating: 12/08/12
        "i love you": 04/12/13
        el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
        montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
        el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
        montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
        el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
        el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
        el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
        san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
        san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Thanks guys. You are totally right. It's not a common thing, but I guess I just wanted him to be sorry that he wouldn't be seeing me. I'm so needy though so I think it's just me being overly emotional, I hate that I do that. But LDR's leave a lot of room for doubt and insecurities sometimes so mine just shine bright at times. Thanks for the replies

Comment

I agree, if it's a one off I wouldn't worry so much.

Comment

Originally posted by alittlemind View Post
              Is this a regular behaviour of his, or was it just this particular occasion? I know it's upsetting, and you should probably tell him that it upset you, but if this isn't something that happens regularly I wouldn't make a big issue about it. If he doesn't see his friends often, maybe he just got excited spending time with them and decided to stay longer and see you another time?
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
              X