Suggestions for getting over someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for getting over someone

Sending positive vibes to all of you who are making a long distance relationship work.
    May the force be with you!

Not meaning to sound depressed or anything, but I, however, was not able to do that.
    Although, I wouldn't blame the distance.

What kinds of things do you do or would suggest me to do to get over someone I loved?

Every-one is different, but I cut all ties with my ex, blocked her on FB, moved out, and still have no contact even though we have a huge mutual friends pool (it was a nasty break up).

I then got back into climbing, and go indoor bouldering quite regularly as it was something I did before we met, but could not do it while we were together that easily.

I spent a long time just going over the what if's and why's which did me no favours, and I spoke endlessly to my friends who were exceptionally patient, even though at the time I only had one line of conversation I could repeat ad infinitum.

In time however it all got easier, the memories and the hurt, turned to anger, and then that too passed and you come out the other side of it all, and here I am; a fling (not a rebound but way too close to the breakup) and now in a relationship I wasn't expecting to be in, 18months later...

Good luck with coping, try not to dwell on how unhappy you are, as it does perpetuate the cycle - but it is a period you have to go through to come out the other side it seems.

Comment

I think some of the things people posted in your break up thread were good. Good ways to keep yourself busy and not allowing you much time to think about it. Keeping busy always help.

Comment

Things that aren't related to him. You need new hobbies (or to get back into old ones). Read books or watch movies/TV shows that you never discussed. Listen to music that he isn't into. Go out with friends you haven't seen in a while. Just find new interest to pursue so you won't dwell.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

try to focus on other things to take your mind off of him,find something that you enjoy doing,and do that,anything to take your mind off of him.

Comment

Working...
          X