Break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break up

2 weeks ago my ldr gf of 4 years broke up with me. It's been a roller coaster the past weeks trying to sort everything out. She still wants to be friends and gets sad if I say I can't talk to her anymore (I've said it a couple times but simply can't survive without talking to her) see each other at times and then pick things back up when we are in the right situation.

We have agreed that we won't hook up with anyone else unles we really like them, which is fair enough. The only trouble I'm having is that I can't get my head around another guy with his hands on her, doin things we used to do. I know she won't go getting with random guys because she's not like that but I know it's bound to happen. We have both only been with each other an I wish it could stay Like that. Does anyone have advice on how to get over the fact that another guy may have his hand all over her at some point in the next few years?

Try not to think of things so far a head. Concentrate on your own self and your healing. I know it's hard but if you are going to think of her with others it will drive you mad.
    I get insanely jealous if I think about my SO's past with others so the trick is not to dwell on that sort of things and focus on the now.
    I think that is the only thing you can do for yourself, take it slowly day by day.

Why did she want to break up and keep the option of getting back together, at a better time, open?

Comment

Wow that's a good bit of advice, thanks. We have an amazing relationship and it's beautiful when we are together we are just in the wrong spot. She's moved back to USA where as before she was in Europe and it was just a one hour flight. We are always going to have a deep connection with each other. She's agreed she would still like to see me over the years still we just can't have a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
        Try not to think of things so far a head. Concentrate on your own self and your healing. I know it's hard but if you are going to think of her with others it will drive you mad.
        I get insanely jealous if I think about my SO's past with others so the trick is not to dwell on that sort of things and focus on the now.
        I think that is the only thing you can do for yourself, take it slowly day by day.

Why did she want to break up and keep the option of getting back together, at a better time, open?
        ^^^this

Comment

You can't sit there and dwell on the what if's, your ex will have more partners as she has said it is over romantically between you both, and you in turn will do the same in time I am sure.

Good luck getting over the breakup, 4 years together is a long time, and I know just how hard it can be to go through that sort of separation.

Comment

Working...
          X