She's bored, I've been trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's bored, I've been trying

It's a crazy distance we have to deal with, so bad that she goes to sleep when I'm waking up to start my day and conversation has become monotonous. Skype and other video calls aren't really working because i ask her to pick a time when we can talk and she either cancels or doesnt show up and i dont like getting disappointed so i dont ask for any more calls. but it has all become quite predictable, need help

Have you told her it bothers you that she doesn't make more of an effort with your Skype dates? Does she usually have valid reasons for not being available? You guys should definitely talk seriously about your expectations and needs when it comes to communication. Even with my small time difference with my SO, we need to touch base often to see how much and what kind of ways we should keep in touch.

As for the conversation getting stale, I'm not sure of your exact time difference, but there's plenty of ideas floating around on the site and the forums. Conversation starters, sharing movies/tv/games and there are apps out there for making phone calls for free. I find a quick phone call makes me feel way closer to him than hours of back-and-forth online.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Can you text each other?Maybe you can do that and see how that works.

Comment

She kinda did, it really has been a bit out of her control the first few times, but she got upset when I got upset about having to miss out on calls and that makes me hesitant. but I will talk to her about it all I guess. We do call, but seeing her face makes a world of difference for me

Comment

Originally posted by Tsungai View Post
          We do call, but seeing her face makes a world of difference for me
          Tell her this

Comment

My GF and I while not due to boredom recently went through something very similar over the past two weekends, and due to other factors in both our lives it got blown way out of proportion.

just explain how you feel and not point the finger at her being at fault, but how when it happens that is the effect it has on you so she can understand that if possible if the time and date has been set she can let you know in advance if she won't be able to make it for whatever reason.

Re the boredom thing, make sure that you don't just get stuck in the rut of talking about the same topics's find something else to speak about as it does get monotonous all the time asking how the day went, how they slept etc, the LDR aspect is no different to the CD side of communicating here!

Comment

Originally posted by p_b82 View Post
              My GF and I while not due to boredom recently went through something very similar over the past two weekends, and due to other factors in both our lives it got blown way out of proportion.

just explain how you feel and not point the finger at her being at fault, but how when it happens that is the effect it has on you so she can understand that if possible if the time and date has been set she can let you know in advance if she won't be able to make it for whatever reason.

Re the boredom thing, make sure that you don't just get stuck in the rut of talking about the same topics's find something else to speak about as it does get monotonous all the time asking how the day went, how they slept etc, the LDR aspect is no different to the CD side of communicating here!
              That's exactly what was happening, a sort of monotonous repeat of the same questions. We finally spoke about it, no fingers pointed and we might just be on a mend.

Comment

Glad to hear it

Comment

Working...
                X