Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR sometimes turns me into a nervous wreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR sometimes turns me into a nervous wreck!

I've been having a relationship with a guy in Australia for over a year (im in England). I went to meet him for the first time in April and am going back in November.
    We love each other but sometimes I feel like im going crazy!
    Is this normal??

Going crazy as in missing him? Or trust issues?
    We all feel the pain of not being close to our loved ones but trust is the biggest things you need to have in a relationship. especially a long distance relationship.

Comment

I agree with Redheart14 - please elaborate on what way you feel like your going crazy. Missing your SO is normal when you are apart.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I think a lot of it is me....I tend to worry about what ifs and maybes instead of dealing with the here and now. So when he goes a bit quiet and im not getting the same attention for a bit my mind goes into overdrive! I know that is the case with any relationship and I just have to learn to deal with it. So far whenever I fear the worst he always proves me wrong which is nice.

Comment

In anything, over thinking, what-if's, etc can end up making issues out of something that didn't even exist in the first place. Start a journal to write down how you're feeling and why and then what the outcome was. If you have it in black and white where you can look back and see that the worrying was for nothing and that you were overreacting, maybe it will help you to make those feelings less and less when they start to creep into your mind.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks! Thats a really good idea. I tell myself not to do it to myself again and then I do.....doh! Im flying to oz in a few weeks and cant wait to see him again.

Comment

I often find that my doubts are the worst shortly before I get to see him again. What if something has changed? What if we just don't have that connection? What if we lost our spark? And then I see him and all of my doubts suddenly go away and I'm perfectly happy. Doubts are normal in most relationships, and I think they are harder with long distance...because our SOs can console us and try to make us feel better but without the reassuring feeling of their arms wrapped around us it's harder to accept. Just keep your eye on the target - that visit coming up soon. I'm sure it will ease all of your fears and you will be so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo View Post
                I've been having a relationship with a guy in Australia for over a year (im in England). I went to meet him for the first time in April and am going back in November.
                We love each other but sometimes I feel like im going crazy!
                Is this normal??
                Crazy as in going crazy missing him,or crazy in trusting him?We need to have some more details so we can help you,and give you some advice.

Comment

If I go crazy, for whatever reasons, I write letters to him I never post. That makes me feel as if I'm talking to him directly, makes me reflect on why I'm going crazy, and I can yell, shout, cry or whatever at him. In the end of a letter like this, I usually feel relieved, cause I feel like I have it all off my chest. Sometimes, the crazyness subsides then and all is well, and sometimes i figure out the real Problem behind it and then know what I have to ask him next time we talk or I can see him.
                  If it's an "I miss you like crazy letter" I do sometimes post them. Or give it to him when we meet.

I have been doing this all my life whenever I was angry with someone, sad because of someone, or just missed someone loads. It has always helped.
                  happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

Working...
                  X