Going vs. Staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going vs. Staying

I've heard that there are differences in experience between the person that "stays" and the person that "leaves." I'm wondering if that's what's happening in my relationship or that isn't a thing and I'm just crazy/he is distant.

here's the situation: We starting dating not long ago but we've known each other for three years. He's off to grad school and I'm finishing my last year at undergrad. We parted on an incredibly strong note and we still communicate regularly (though I always want more) and love each other more than ever. He's consciously trying to balance his "back home" life with his new life, though and we talked about making sure that "home life" wouldn't hold him back in his new environment. But what that means is that I'm constantly afraid he feels like i'm holding him back. Especially whenever he doesn't communicate for a 24 hour period I start to freak out a little.

We've been apart from my SO for nearly three months now and I'm starting to get mildly depressed and think about him all the time/feeling really crazy. On the other hand, he seems to be doing fine. We talked about this, but being the one that has stayed, everything around me is a reminder of him and a reminder of his absence. For him he's receiving a lot of new stimulus and is apart from reminders of me. Still, it feels uneven, to be the one that is pining away while he seems to be doing fine. Is this a common experience or should I be worried? Either about how he's treating our relationship or how I am?
Working...
X